Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for 2017 LG WebOS 3.5 TVs?

Hi, the 2017 LG UJ7700 comes with WebOS 3.5 installed, but when I look through the LG catalog Plex does not show. I checked out the LG web store online and it says Plex works up to WebOS 3.0. Are there plans to update Plex for WebOS 3.5?

Tagged:

Answers

• eduardo323_yahooeduardo323_yahoo Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this question as well. Thinking of getting the 2017 LG OLED65B7P television which comes with WebOS 3.5., HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a.

• htabakhtabak Posts: 1Members

Same here, I own a LG OLED55C7 and would like to use the Plex player as well.

• DamianrauDamianrau Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump, same question

• rams3y@live.comrams3y@live.com Posts: 16Members ✭✭

I also have a LG OLED55C7 and would like to use the Plex app. Any idea how to add this or when it will be available?

• rsimatjrrsimatjr Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here - just got a new TV and would love to get Plex up and running on it.

• timpoitevintimpoitevin Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Just ordered my C7P, and will be waiting anxiously for Plex support in WebOS 3.5. Until then, at least I have a TiVo and AppleTV I can stream my media from.

• rams3y@live.comrams3y@live.com Posts: 16Members ✭✭

Any news??

• utility73utility73 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So when will the Plex App be available for webos 3.5 ??

• spencer.t.coles@gmail.comspencer.t.coles@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I need this as well. Any news?

• ericotavaresericotavares Posts: 1Members

Waiting on that too

• RedWagnumRedWagnum Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 7

More of the same. Looking for Plex for my new 43" UJ6300 that is running WebOS 3.5.

• rainajohnsonrainajohnson Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm in the same boat...new tv, but no plex app. I suppose I can fall back to roku, but would be nice to have a supported plex app on the TV.

• farolonefarolone Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Longtime Plex User, great product!
    No Plex app on brandnew LG WEBOS 3.5. Quite disappointing.

• antoniojorgeantoniojorge Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just got a brand new B7 (yes!!!)... no Plex app (no!!!)... please don't force me back to cable

• ReDrUmNZReDrUmNZ Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there an ETA on this? Presumably Web OS 3.5 isn't too different from 3.0 so it's just a matter of rebuilding the existing app with the latest SDK and resubmitting? :)

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,590Members ✭✭✭✭

Will XPlay work with WebOS 3.5

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• iMikeyiMikey Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes xplay works

• aracwbaracwb Posts: 3Members

tambem esperado comprei a uj 7500 4k e tambem e webos 3.5

• Gary.PriorGary.Prior Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can you give us an ETA for this please Plex?

• toddperrytoddperry Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Plex is now there (in the LG app store) and working! Interesting that it says the app was last updated in 2016.