Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Meta Data for TV Show not updating.

nhartmannhartman Posts: 13 Plex Pass

Meta data for Movies works fine but at some point all the meta data for the TV shows stopped working. It now only says Episode #. Any guidance would be great. Last time i got frustrated and just reinstalled it.

Answers

• snitsmansnitsman Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Not working for me either. Just says episode number. Started about the middle of the week.

• FlyingPersian25FlyingPersian25 Posts: 40 ✭✭

Not sure why it stopped working, but when I migrated my server couple days ago the meta data was not fetched either. Turning on VIMAGE did the job, maybe it helps you too

• mikec_ptmikec_pt Posts: 593 Plex Employee

Can you attach the Plex Media Scanner.log too, you can also just get a zip of all the logs by going to "server" "help" -> "Download Logs"

• RodneyBoyerRodneyBoyer Posts: 20 Plex Pass
    edited April 29

Been having the same issue. It says it is downloading the meta data and then goes straight to "Finished Processing"
    Logs are attached.

This has been an issue before. I posted about it in November 2015 and it was never resolved. Here's a link to the forum post:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191768/thetvdb-not-loading-metadata-after-download#latest

• RodneyBoyerRodneyBoyer Posts: 20 Plex Pass

I don't know if it is related or not but I have also been having problems with automatic library updates when changes are detected. The problem is they are not being detected. I have the auto update checkbox marked but anytime I add new items, I have to manually update the library.

• unr34lunr34l Posts: 8 ✭✭

@FlyingPersian25 said:
    Not sure why it stopped working, but when I migrated my server couple days ago the meta data was not fetched either. Turning on VIMAGE did the job, maybe it helps you too

Had the same problem and this fixed it, cheers.