If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

play/pause menu showing sporadically

Hair FamilyHair Family Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited March 11 in PlayStation

Hi,

On my PS3 when watching a movie/TV Show the play/pause menu will flash on screen, last a second then disappear. This will happen approximately every few minutes. It will occur even thought no buttons are pressed and occurs when the controllers have been switched off. Is there a know issue about this or is there a setting i have missed?

Answers

• naulitenaulite Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I'm having this problem as well, but with the PS4 app. Controllers are turned off, watching a movie, and the Controls pop up about every 15 minutes. I've grabbed the latest updates, redownloaded the PS4 app, restarted both the PS4 and the server.
    Not sure what else to check. Everything else seems normal.

Plex Version 2.13.3
    Playstation 4 01.40
    Plex Server 1.4.4.3433
    Server OS WIndows 7 Pro

• BryanG4BryanG4 Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited April 8

Same issues here, Playing back on PlayStation 3 and 4, the menu pops up for just a second and dispears every few mins, almost like it is at the chapter breaks...???

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

• JrPickleJrPickle Posts: 1Members

I am having the exact same issue on the PS3 app. Anyone have any solutions??

I can say this, I am testing a theory that it is the chapter markers that are created when you rip the movie ( I use handbrake and it is selected by default). IF this proves true, then I will just turn off this default option when ripping a dvd in handbrake.

• J0_R0J0_R0 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I get the same issue on plex on the PS3. Controls randomly pop up and disappear on a frequent basis. Did not have any subtitles on. Plex app on PS3 is current version. Also noticed that while watching the movie that was 1080p it randomly kept switching between widescreen and fullscreen, Very annoying.