Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Cloud incredibly slow to start on Xbox One

slhelsomslhelsom Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

When opening a video on Xbox for Plex Cloud it takes about 10-15 minutes before the video starts playing. The videos play fine on my other devices. Any ideas why this might be?

Answers

• fedmoneyfedmoney Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I have a huge TV show collection on my Plex Cloud Google Drive, and most of the time I get a playback error when I try playing files. It's really frustrating because I got Plex Cloud specifically to play back on Xbox One. I can use the gdrive plugin on Kodi without any issues, but Plex Cloud just doesn't seem to be up to par.

• fedmoneyfedmoney Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Upon some further testing, I couldn't get anything to play because Plex was trying to convert to 2 Mbps instead of original quality. When I set to original quality, I started getting the same issue as you, a 23 minute TV episode (1080p, around 3-4 Mbps, took around 5 minutes to load.

A response from the dev team would be awesome to provide some sort of insight on this.

• slhelsomslhelsom Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I've been doing original quality. It's the first season of Stargate SG-1 that I'm trying to play, so it's not a high quality file.

• jamesward23jamesward23 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

I too am experiencing this. Can't figure it out!

• gaucho28gaucho28 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Experience this also. XBox One throws and error whenever I try to play something from Plex Cloud. Replay of the same content on iOS, different Web browsers, Win10 App works without any problems.
    Can we do anything to help the dev team exploring the issue?

Thanks!