If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I keep getting "Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost"

pmblairpmblair Posts: 6Members ✭✭

This ERROR comes up for every movie I try to play using the Fire TV Plex APP. I have two and they are configured identical, both fail with the same error. The Plex APP on my TV, BluRay player and Web APP all function perfectly. This is a recent occurrence and would really like to get it resolved. The Fire TV is central to all my media.

Any body else getting this and have a resolution?

Regards,

Best Answer

• pmblairpmblair Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Just learned how to get log files from PMS.

Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] WARN - Low disk space: 5164636584 bytes source file, 7492141056 bytes capacity, 1531166720 bytes available on /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions
    Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] WARN - TranscodeSession: inadequate disk space for transcode
    Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.

Bottom Line out of space.

Answers

I have completely exhausted all the trouble shooting tips at FireTV support. No success.

I have discovered that when I had to log back on to Plex a while back (plex.tv/link), the device changed to this: (Plex web app, settings, devices)
    Fire TV
    5.6.1.505@25ece77b (2.13.2)
    Plex for Android
    AFTS

From this:
    AFTS
    5.6.1.505@25ece77b
    Plex for Android
    AFTS

Then all the movies started getting the error message, Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost. Please ensure the server is available and retry. Every device except Fire TV continues to work.

I have no idea how to resolve this???

Accepted Answer

Just learned how to get log files from PMS.

Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] WARN - Low disk space: 5164636584 bytes source file, 7492141056 bytes capacity, 1531166720 bytes available on /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions
    Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] WARN - TranscodeSession: inadequate disk space for transcode
    Mar 12, 2017 15:19:52 [0x5fdff400] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.

Bottom Line out of space.

• thruster999thruster999 Posts: 62Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I turned off some of the audio options and no longer get the error message.

• Philplex99Philplex99 Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Could you please be more specific. Which Audio options and how?

• nitinkushwahanitinkushwaha Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just updated to play videos to android player in settings. And it worked for me.

• stewiebee1stewiebee1 Posts: 1Members

Hi where is the option in fire tv to play videos using another player.

• l3maCl3maC Posts: 1Members

@stewiebee1 said:
    Hi where is the option in fire tv to play videos using another player.

I had to clear cache on the app and run it in mobile mode first, then under advanced in settings you can state use android default player, test and if working you can change back to TV mode, this is what worked for me.