If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Updated to Version 1.4.3.3433, now nothing will play back on any device

Toolazy2workToolazy2work Posts: 13Members ✭✭

I updated PMS on my FreeNas server today and since the update, nothing will play back. It sits at transcoding until it eventually says an error has occurred. Let me know what you need from me and i will provide.

Answers

• saxplayahsaxplayah Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Ditto. Have updated to 1.5.5 and still having same problem. Everything worked fine until plex forced the update

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 689Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
  • saxplayahsaxplayah Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Logs for the problem to date.
    Running version 1.5.5.3634 on FreeBSD.

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 689Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I don't see anything wrong on the server side. What browser are you using to play? What does it say in its logs?

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,256Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    edited June 2017

@saxplayah said:
    Logs for the problem to date.
    Running version 1.5.5.3634 on FreeBSD.

@gbooker02 said:
    I don't see anything wrong on the server side. What browser are you using to play? What does it say in its logs?

Actually there is something

All transcoder seglist POST requests are failing because there is no localhost IP address detected - a type of problem seen on FreeBSD jail configurations before

As you can see there is no 127.0.0.1 IP Address listed

Jun 26, 2017 17:02:10.761 [0x809816000] DEBUG - Network interfaces:
    Jun 26, 2017 17:02:10.761 [0x809816000] DEBUG -  * 1 re0 (192.168.1.65) (loopback: 0)

There are a number of forum threads on this - if you do not know how to make sure there is a localhost interface available to Plex Media Server

you should be able to find the forum topic by searching for jail and localhost

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,256Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

First one I found in search - there are more
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/189879/non-vimage-jail-photo-transcode-requires-127-0-0-1-address-specifically

It is non-vimage jail issue

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to