Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is RasPlex incompatible with cloud sync?

eckartheckarth Posts: 450Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited March 20 in Rasplex

I synced a few videos to the cloud. RasPlex will not play these. The error message indicates that I should check the file exists and the drive is mounted.

The web interface and PMP on my laptop - at the same location as the RasPlex Pi - play these videos just fine.

The data is stored on Google drive. RasPlex 1.6.32. rPi 3.

If I can do something helpful to isolate the problem, please, let me know.

Best Answer

• eckartheckarth Posts: 450Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Looks like updating my PMS over the weekend to 1.4.4 has fixed it. (At least the problem is gone for now.)

Answers

Accepted Answer

Looks like updating my PMS over the weekend to 1.4.4 has fixed it. (At least the problem is gone for now.)

• ohsujinohsujin Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem my rasplex.
    I’m using plex cloud with google cloud
    movie agent enable local media assets. Rasplex don’t play file include subtitle.
    error reason was check the file exists and the drive is mounted.

but other plex client is fine.

What means "Looks like updating my PMS over the weekend to 1.4.4 has fixed it” ?

Tell me more details. Pleas~

I means it works fine!

However, there is the following caveat. The server who serves the files from the could can not transcode. "check the file exists and the drive is mounted" is a rather generic error message. You will also get this one, when it would be necessary to transcode the media, what however can not be done is this case.

The various PM payers would in this case bring up a message stating that a transcode would be appropriate, but can not be performed. Then the option is offered to direct play the item. OpenPHT is not yet that sophisticated.

Hence, check whether the bandwidth limit you set or some properties of the media would trigger transcoding.