We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to optimize PlexServer and iPad Player config to view photos

klaus.baumecker@gmail.comklaus.baumecker@gmail.com Members Posts: 2

I switched from DS Photo to Plex Server. Plex runs on a decent machine with i3, 4GB RAM and SSD for the Plex library. Now I'm using the Plex player on an iPad air, but with disappointing (photo viewing) performance:
The thumbnails appear very quickly, but when swiping through the photos I almost always see a spinner and wait several seconds for the image to appear. This was never the case with DS Photo on a much slower server hw.
Now, is there a way to optimize the config on the server in a way that this can be improved?
Any idea, what slows this process down?

Answers

• se_donyse_dony Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I am also interested, if there is a way to let Plex create different "transcoded" versions of photos for iPad, iPhone and web viewing in advance to speed up display.