If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung Smart TV plex app version 2007 PMS version1.4.4.3495-edef59192

simon.locksimon.lock Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Recently I've noticed that movie trailers and "watch later" links will no longer play on 2 of my Samsung smart tv's I have using the above listed model of plex software (TV UE55ES8000 and TV UE46ES8000); also the recently viewed tvshows filters present the wrong data. It's not a network connectivity issue as all other smart apps e.g youtube, bbciplayer function correctly.

However, my newer Samsung Smart TV (TV UE40KU6400) has none of these issues.

Is this a known software fault that will be rectified?

1 only have one PMS server, running on Freenas, which is running the latest updated Plex software. All other plex client apps iOS and windows also work perfectly.

Best Answer

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,209Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Moving to the Plex for Samsung forum (models 2015 and earlier)

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I'm not sure what problems you are having, I tried to reproduce your issues on my 2012 bluray player, but was able to play both trailers and watch later content. I'm using a new developer version with several changes.
    Which means, if it's not a local problem (firmware or network), it should be fixed already in the next upcoming version.

What do you mean with "recently TV shows are presenting the wrong data" ? It seems good on my side.
    Can you elaborate? screenshot?

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Ah, I could reproduce the "recently viewed show" issue.
    It seems the server options have changes, I'll have a look.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• simon.locksimon.lock Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 17

Thanks Orca for looking into this. Yes the 'last viewed' shows do not filter correctly but the 'last viewed episodes' do. I've just re-installed an older version of the Plex Media Server (Version 1.3.4.3285) for testing purposes and with this version I can confirm that the 'Watch later', 'Movie Trailers' and 'last viewed shows' function properly; this clearly eliminates further any problems existing on my LAN.

The problems yet to be identified ( 'Watch later' and 'Movie Trailers' ) are obviously associated with displaying external web url content within the plex client. Perhaps something has also changed regarding the url calling syntax between PMS version 1.3.4.3285 and the current version 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35?

Just a further update: Now with a further updated PMS version 1.5.0.3501-3b8374a5c both the 'Watch later' and 'Movie Trailers' can now receive video from the requested urls but the audio is corrupted.

I made some change in the next version. Samsung is currently testing it, so with a bit a patience , it could already be resolved.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

Thank you I'll look forward to receiving the update.

Still no update. Do you have an ideas as to when one might land?

Do you know if Samsung has totally given up on updates?

Thanks for the link.