Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Severe battery drain

filippo333filippo333 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

I've had to uninstall Plex as the battery drain is so bad, I've tried everything including turning off Plex server discovery and advertisement in-app.

I ensure I fully quit out of the application every time I stop using it but it's always awake during idle.

Can someone fix this please?

Comments

• labashosky2010labashosky2010 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 106 Plex Pass

I'm getting bad battery drain, but it because the sync keeps failing and restarting and that is sucking the life out of the battery. Nexus 6 w/Nougat 7.1.1 ~1350 songs that need to be sync'd

• filippo333filippo333 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Would be great if you could set the app to only sync when open and not in the background!

I like that it will sync in the background. I just wish they would fix the bug that causes it to get stuck in "Updating Information" loop.

• nicolidarkknicolidarkk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

I have the same issue. Gotta reboot to kill it.

I noticed today that that when the device is stuck in "Updating Information" the plex server is sending a lot of data. If you shut down the server, the device will stop "Updating Information"

• TaulkasTaulkas Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

First time since updating to Android N that the battery got drained excessively quick, by Plex of course. From the log entries, looks to be related to the dysfunctional sync.

• filippo333filippo333 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Yeah I've noticed that sync causes the battery life to turn to garbage. If I delete all my synced media it seems perfectly fine...