If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX for Roku

DJDOCDJDOC Posts: 109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have PLEX version 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35 for Netgear ReadyNAS 316 OS 6.6.1. I also have a Roku 3 and for the past few weeks I noticed that my movie collection only goes from A to S. I do know that the problem has to be in the PLEX version 4.3.0 in my Roku. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

Best Answer

• DJDOCDJDOC Posts: 109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I found out why my movies still go from A through S. In the Movie section the alphabetized line at the bottom is not long enough for the whole alphabet. If I click the "BY TITLE" area and reverse it the alphabet only shows Z - E.

Answers

• atc98092atc98092 Posts: 48Members ✭✭

Plex released a new version two days ago, which resolved some issues I had with Roku playback. Give it a shot.

PMS on a main and test server, along with Serviio. Main server Intel i5 quad core 8 gig ram, 18 TB of movies and shows. Test server AMD quad core 8 gig ram. Samsung JU7100 UHD TV, Roku 4, Ultra Stick and Insignia Roku TV. Several other DLNA enabled players. Gigabit network and CenturyLink 40+ Mbps Internet.

Yes. The version I have on my Roku 3 is version 4.3 which came out Feb. 1, 2017. Sadly I only see A - S of my movie collection. The By Folder option also shows A - S so it is not recognizing my T - Z movies although I do see them in my PLEX Admin Web page via my PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Roku's PLEX app to no avail. There is a new PLEX Media Server 1.4.4.3495 update today for my ReadyNAS. The problem could be at either end. I'll keep you posted.

edited January 24

On my Roku 3 I have PLEX 5.0.7. Sadly I only see A - O of my movie collection. It is not recognizing my T - Z movies although I do see them in my PLEX Admin Web page via my PC and on my Samsung TV's PLEX app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Roku's PLEX app to no avail. This has been a problem since PLEX 4.3.0. Movies that start with the letters T - Z would have to be searched.

Still no feedback on why I can see my music and TV shows from A to Z but my movies still go from A through S. I can type in the movies in the search area but you guys try typing in X-Men or something like that. It won't come up. I love my PLEX Pass but are we as customers being ignored? At least an answer why would be nice. Thank you. :/

Accepted Answer

I found out why my movies still go from A through S. In the Movie section the alphabetized line at the bottom is not long enough for the whole alphabet. If I click the "BY TITLE" area and reverse it the alphabet only shows Z - E.