Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Recently watched shows not viewing by date

NeverDarktanNeverDarktan Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey kids...

Here's a weird one. I'm running the latest Plex Server (updated just now actually) and the latest OpenPHT which I love and tell everyone about. I use the Recently Watched Shows filter quite a lot to keep track of what I'm binge watching. Recently I was in the TV Shows and the cat stepped on my keyboard. I don't know what she typed or what combination she hit but now when I go into the Recently Watched Shows it displays them alphabetically and shows the entire library. Recently Watched Episodes is still correct by Date Watched and I can see in the Plex Server GUI that everything is still updating correctly it just seems that somehow, Recently Watched Shows got sorted by name instead of date. Plex Home Theater is doing the same thing so I don't think it's OpenPHT. But since that forum is dead I thought I would check in here.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this barring a complete uninstall and reinstall? Also, I did try putting the cat back on the keyboard to re-create it. No luck besides getting a few scratches.

Peace

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NeverDarktanNeverDarktan Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Damn them! Well that answers my question. Due to timing it just looked like my cat's fault. I guess I'll go give her some tuna to apologize.

Thank you for the quick response.

• BenfranBenfran Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also use this filter feature alot for shows, and it has stoped working since the latest PMS update.

But i'm not sure plex "broke" it like you say, because it still works perfectly on the ios and android apps. It just stoped working on PHT and openPHT.

I hope there can be a fix, because i hate the pathetic PMP, and really love openPHT (or the old PHT, which i still use).

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 300Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

if your using the old PHT then complaining here isnt going to fix it for you, they havent worked on the original PHT for a long time, its outdated and dead

anything we do to fix/workaround it it is only going to effect openpht and rasplex and not PHT

if you really want it to be fixed right now for your PHT you could downgrade PMS 6-8 releases, i forget which one became broken in

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 300Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

FYI the workaround for this is by going to All Shows, then sortng by 'Date Viewed' which will give the same results

it uses a different api call so thats why that works

hopefully the next version of openpht/rasplex will workaround this

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• flecomflecom Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@daniel.cull said:
    Plex Broke the 'recently watched shows' in a recent PMS update unfortunately. now it only returns all shows instead.

that's what I get from upgrading from 1.0.3 :(

every time I upgrade it seems there is something new that's broken... sigh

@daniel.cull said:
    FYI the workaround for this is by going to All Shows, then sortng by 'Date Viewed' which will give the same results

it uses a different api call so thats why that works

hopefully the next version of openpht/rasplex will workaround this

thanks for this tip, that worked fine!