Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexconnect is not working all of a sudden!

gr0bdagr0bda Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

One day was working fine, the next just kaput without rhyme or reason. No changes to server, apple tv or Plexconnect were made.
All I know that when I launched it in it's cmd-like window, there was always something scrolling. Now it just shows this and that's it:

I don't know how to make a log. I tried to find it on the web, can't find some kind of legitimate answer

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,126 Plex Pass
    edited March 18

That screen shows that PlexConnect is running but not receiving any requests. What happens in your ATV when you select trailers ? What recent change (including SW update, cabling or network) did you make ? Did you restore the ATV to factory settings or changed its DNS ? Did you activate a firewall ?

• mrcgdavies@gmail.commrcgdavies@gmail.com Members Posts: 1

This is exactly how mine is but mine is a new install this is all I can get it to do

• moody_bluemoody_blue Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,126 Plex Pass

@mrcgdavies@gmail.com said:
    This is exactly how mine is but mine is a new install this is all I can get it to do

The machine where PlexConnect is installed needs a fixed (or reserved) IP, and this IP must be coded as DNS in the AppleTV. Have you done it ? What happens when you reboot the ATV with the DNS poiting to your PC ?

Also pls note that under Win10 you may have to disable the fiirewall so that ATV requests are not blocked by it.