Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No connection

noammaoznoammaoz Members Posts: 2

I have the Plex server on MAC and I connect to it via Samsung TV.
I guess one of the software update made disconnection between the MAC and TV.
I'm not able to connect them anymore.

I have tried changing configuration but it didn't help.
The MAC and TV on the same network.

Any ideas?

Answers

  • plex-linuxplex-linux Members, Plex Pass Posts: 213 Plex Pass

    first a little more information please
    what model of tv and version of plex on the tv?
    and second what version of plex is on your sever?

    If i had to guess i would say that your tv is having an issue getting a secure connection with your plex sever. if this is the case you can allow a insecure connection on your local network for your tv, and be back in business.

  • noammaoznoammaoz Members Posts: 2

    The TV version is 3.0.10 (2.13.1)
    The MAC Plex server version is 1.4.4.3495

    I have follow the instruction and change to always insecure connection in the TV configuration settings.
    Do i need to do something else?

  • plex-linuxplex-linux Members, Plex Pass Posts: 213 Plex Pass

    I am not familiar with that model of tv, however most tv with plex seem to have a place where you can put in the servers ip address. Have you tried that?

  • fmeradiofmeradio Members Posts: 2

    I had the same problem as @noammaoz, and only noticed it in recent days. My setup:
    Plex Media Server 1.4.4.3495 on OS X 10.9.5
    Philips Smart TV

    As updates 1.4.4.3495 and 1.4.3.3433 came within days of each other just this month, I had a feeling they were the cause of the problem. Thanks to a tip from @paulkeeley at this thread: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223300/osx-rollback-update I found a workaround to recover the "Content" folders of previous versions of Plex Media Server. So I tried rolling back to update 1.3.4.3285 (released Feb 10, 2017, I think?) which was around the last time I recall the setup working, and true enough, it did work! My TV is now able to detect the media server once again. \o/

    So evidently, there may be some issue with 1.4.4.3495 (and 1.4.3.3433) that's causing this problem?

    Philips 46PFL4208D/117 LED Smart TV
    Plex Media Server 1.3.4.3285
    Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

  • Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭

    @fmeradio said:
    I had the same problem as @noammaoz, and only noticed it in recent days. My setup:
    Plex Media Server 1.4.4.3495 on OS X 10.9.5
    Philips Smart TV

    As updates 1.4.4.3495 and 1.4.3.3433 came within days of each other just this month, I had a feeling they were the cause of the problem. Thanks to a tip from @paulkeeley at this thread: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223300/osx-rollback-update I found a workaround to recover the "Content" folders of previous versions of Plex Media Server. So I tried rolling back to update 1.3.4.3285 (released Feb 10, 2017, I think?) which was around the last time I recall the setup working, and true enough, it did work! My TV is now able to detect the media server once again. \o/

    So evidently, there may be some issue with 1.4.4.3495 (and 1.4.3.3433) that's causing this problem?

    Good Information.

    This is not occurring with my LG or Hisense TV app so Phillips and Samsung TV apps are affected by those updates>

    TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

  • Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭

    @noammaoz said:
    The TV version is 3.0.10 (2.13.1)
    The MAC Plex server version is 1.4.4.3495

    I have follow the instruction and change to always insecure connection in the TV configuration settings.
    Do i need to do something else?

    I hope you meant PMS settings rather than something in your TV settings.

    Plex from in the Browser. Settings> Server> Network> Disable secure connections.

    TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

  • fmeradiofmeradio Members Posts: 2

    @Gdr56 said:
    Plex from in the Browser. Settings> Server> Network> Disable secure connections.

    Thanks for clarifying how that's done. But I tried it, and 1.4.4 still wouldn't work, so I guess I'm stuck with 1.3.4 for now…

    Philips 46PFL4208D/117 LED Smart TV
    Plex Media Server 1.3.4.3285
    Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

Sign In or Register to comment.