If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't play media on Nexus 7 tablet anymore

basic70basic70 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Playing media on my Nexus 7 tablet (Using Android 6.0.1) has worked fine for years, but now the app either hangs or shows an error message about having lost contact with the server. Playing the same media on an Android phone (Huawei P9) works fine. Everything is on the same network, and jumbo frames are disabled. Browsing through the media works fine. I've reinstalled the app on the tablet, and the server (Synology DS1815) is running the latest version of Plex.

Is this a known problem? Can I provide log data somehow?

Answers

• Mark500Mark500 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem on mpeg2 Videos recorded with TVHeadend. Nexus 7 says "Lost connection to server"

Stream #0:0(eng): Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], 15000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(ger): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s (default)
    Stream #0:2(ger): Subtitle: subrip (default)

• tamerlahatamerlaha Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Stop working on my Nexus 7 too... this is insane...