Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Multiple problems with Windows Store Plex App on Windows 10 Home

bazgrantbazgrant Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Windows Store Plex App Version: 3.2.18-77d94abb (3/17/2017)
Windows 10 Home Version 1607

Whenever I try to sync anything the app just crashes, also lots of times when navigating within the app I get "unable to parse response from server in ParseContainerAsync: XmlException->IOException->Exception".

Diagnostics attached.

Please can anyone help?

Answers

• tel19tel19 Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am hitting similar problems when playing music to another player running OpenPHT. I can't find which version of the app I am running but I have tested it on both a windows tablet and a laptop, the same thing happens every few seconds and the app just closes.

i also cannot find how to update the app to ensure that I have the latest version.

Diagnostics attached and help appreciated.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

By default store apps will update automatically. If you go into settings -> help 3.2.18 is the latest.

Thanks. I checked, the tablet was at the latest version but it took 2 attempts to get into Help as it crashed as soon as I selected the user the first time.

The laptop was at 3.2.14 and doesn't seem keen to update itself. Do I need to do anything to get it to update? I have tried restarting the app but it is still at version 3.2.14

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Go into the store, next to the search button, click your user icon, downloads and updates, then either check for updates or hit update all.

Thanks, that worked.

So the app is now at 3.2.18 on the laptop as well as the tablet but as soon as I selected an album to play on the laptop it crashed. Is no-one else hitting this problem?

I have got a new problem now. This has happened before but suddenly went away. I am unable to scroll down the library list in the windows app so cannot select a library below where the user and settings section starts.

I just did something with the cursor keys, which had no effect when I started trying to use them to scroll, and suddenly I can now scroll down the library list with the cursor keys. Is there some trick needed to enable scrolling or should you be able to do it with the mouse and/or cursors keys easily? I have no idea what suddenly got it to work. I still can't scroll up and down with the mouse but the cursor keys now work.