If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync problems with big music library

lanugo0815lanugo0815 Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Dear all,
I am using Plex server quite a wile and I now upgraded to premium but I have problems getting my media onto my smartphone:

When I try to sync my comlete music libary with my phone the process works well until 50%. (8000 files left) After that the syc process gets really slow and breaks down every couple of files (10-50). Beside this the process drains a hell of battery. I have to constantly charge my phone. After several hours of constant clicking of the sync button I gave up

Hardware/Data:
NAS: **Synology 216+ II with 2x 4 TB WB Black
**Mobile Device:
Samsung Galaxy S7 with 128 GB Micro SD Card Sandisk Ultra
Library: 90GB of musik mostly coded with 192/320kps resulting in 14.000 files in 1200 folders
Sync Option: No conversion

I also tried the following option
I my library into 3 pieces to lower the syc amout per libary. Now the problem occures at 70% with the same result.

Does anybody has a clue what the problem is or is Plex not able to handle such a big Database?

Answers

• nmoenksnmoenks Posts: 128Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey,
    i have pretty much the same problem but with a slightly different hardware setup.

PC running Plex Server with i7, 16GB Ram, Plex Library on SSD, Data on 2x4TB WB Red
    Mobile Device: Currently Samsung Galaxy S7 but had the same issues with Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and a Galaxy J5 - all with 128 GB Micro SD
    Library: About 75GB in around 800 folders
    Sync Option: No conversion

It is stuck now at 76% and every time i click on "Sync Now" its doing "Refreshing Information" but closes the process in the top task bar after a few seconds.

Any help is highly appreciated

• nmoenksnmoenks Posts: 128Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 12

Some time ago i created another post for the behaviour but unfortunatelly it was not fixed yet - https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/245301/android-sync-problems#latest

• MarcoKlikoMarcoKliko Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also having a similar issue. Big MP3 playlist that I want to sync. All MP3's are there. But it is not saying 100%.
    Log attached: