Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Transcoding with "Video: Direct Stream, Audio: Direct Stream" and subtitles disabled

My PMS is seemingly transcoding content that is being played on my LG 49UH6100 TV running the Plex App on webOS 04.30.70. I checked for a transcoding reason on my laptop while playing the content on my TV and saw that I am getting a direct stream for both audio and video, but the playback still stutters:

I have noticed that the status of the video switches from "Playing" to "Buffering," which could be a sign that my internet is where playback is getting bottle-necked, but I have also noticed that there is a Plex Media Transcoder process constantly running whenever I am playing content on the TV:

11308 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder -codec:0 h264 -ss 484 -noaccurate_seek -i /srv/TV Shows/Flight of the Conchords/Season 02/Flight of the Conchords - S02E08 - New Zealand Town.mkv -map 0:0 -metadata:s:0 language=eng -codec:0 copy -map 0:1 -metadata:s:1 language=eng -codec:1 copy -copypriorss:1 0 -break_non_keyframes 1 -break_non_keyframes 1 -segment_format mpegts -f ssegment -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_time 1 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_time_delta 0.0625 -segment_list http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/:/transcode/session/afaeladr54kakyb9cvyw80va/seglist -segment_list_type csv -segment_list_size 2147483647 -max_delay 5000000 -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 media-%05d.ts -y -nostats -loglevel quiet -loglevel_plex error -progressurl http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/:/transcode/session/afaeladr54kakyb9cvyw80va/progress

The process, to me, doesn't seem to be doing much besides mapping the streams to a new file. I can't make out what the reason might be, because the logs simply say "App cannot direct play this item. Direct play is disabled." I have attached my log. Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Tagged: