If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Wrong photo thumbnails

EricNotTheRedEricNotTheRed Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited March 20 in Rasplex

I've just set up a RasPlex client and I'm seeing some odd behavior with Photos.

When viewing a folder gallery, the thumbnail for the first photo is used for many of the other photos in the set. If you open one of those other photos, you can see the correct image.

I tried deleting all of the files in the UserData/Thumbnails folder and rebooted. No joy.

I'm using Raplex 1.7.1.137-b604995c

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• EricNotTheRedEricNotTheRed Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This has been resolved by accident.

I tried switching to another library view ("InfoList") and found the thumbnails were correct. Then when I switched back to "Photo Library", the thumbnails were also correct.

Shrug. Hopefully stays fixed.

• EricNotTheRedEricNotTheRed Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sadly, this isn't over. When I use the "Photo Library" view, many of the thumbnails are now black. They are fine when viewed with other views.

Unfortunately, the Photo Library view is the only one my 92 year old father seems to grasp. I'm hoping someone has some ideas.