If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Not able to disable/avoid Autoplay

tanka8tanka8 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Platform: Windows 10 (Version 1607 Build 14393.953)
Plex Media Player Version: PlexMediaPlayer 1.2.3.589-59a54305 (windows-x86_64 10)

Problem: I use to be able to go show -> season -> episode and click play. This would play just that episode. However with Plex Media Player 1.2.3 this behaviour has changed. It will now autoplay. This problem started with 1.2.3.589-59a54305. I think this is an issue with the Web 3.x update as well.

Steps to produce: Play an episode of a series (not the last episode) by going show -> season -> episode and click play. This should just play that single episode and stop but it then continues to play the next episode.

I understand the behaviour of autoplay from recently added and on deck but it was nice to be able to just play the individual episodes.

Best Answer

Answers

• KenHydeJrKenHydeJr Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes. He's talking about using the local web player app, which is the same as the url you linked to above.

I've asked this same question twice here, on FreeNode IRC channel and on Reddit. Never get any response or useful information from anyone.

Glad to finally hear from a Plex employee finally. Thanks for being active in the community.

@markus101 - Is there a public "Bug track" that we can submit to rather than relying on the forums? I'm a Plex Pass member if that helps. In the changelogs guys post, there is usually always a number at the end of each item added or fixed, and I imagine that translate to some kind of bug tracking system. Is this available? Or is it something that I can be invited to?

• markus101markus101 Posts: 182Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

For PMP specifically (because it is open source) there is an issue tracker available: https://github.com/plexinc/plex-media-player this issue tracker is focused around the PMP application itself and doesn't apply to the web applications inside as those have their own (private) issue trackers.

There are not public issue trackers for other applications (or one giant one for everything) and I'm not aware of any plans to have one.

In the changelogs guys post, there is usually always a number at the end of each item added or fixed, and I imagine that translate to some kind of bug tracking system.

Yes those translate to internal issue trackers.

• tanka8tanka8 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@markus101 said:
    To confirm, this is with the desktop app (same UI as https://app.plex.tv/web/app)? If so, we're aware of it and will be making changes in a future release.

Yep the new Plex Media Player desktop app. Glad to hear there is a fix on the way.

Thanks for the help :smile:

@markus101 said:
    To confirm, this is with the desktop app (same UI as https://app.plex.tv/web/app)? If so, we're aware of it and will be making changes in a future release.

I see Plex Web 3.2.0 has been released and sadly this behaviour had not changed :( Any idea when we will see the change?
    Thanks

• markus101markus101 Posts: 182Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There is not a specific time when it will arrive and I can't estimate when it might be.

This is getting really frustrating now as Plex is trying to force 1.2.4 for Plex Media Player. Please can we bring this behaviour back to avoid autoplay.

• jano1312jano1312 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's so an annoying bug. I have to delete ten to hundrets of Episodes in the Playlist every time i play an episode when i am tired. Please fix this.

• akhmetowakhmetow Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@markus101 said:

When are you going to fix this? It's been more than three months, and more than one update for sure.

• donkadonka Posts: 132Members ✭✭

Another person looking for this 'fix'. I use Plex to watch episodes when I'm doing a cardio workout in my home office but I need it to stop when the episode is finished, not play the next episode while I'm cooling down.

@markus101 said:

This is now 4 months ago and the issue has not been changed.

This isn't even a new feature. We just want the old behaviour back where auto play could be avoided.

• alrogeralroger Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please! It's been long enough. The default behavior is oposite of what it should be! No Auto-Play unless the user asks for it!

• MrFancyPants1999MrFancyPants1999 Posts: 329Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This I would really like to have as well as I'm not a binge watching person. Kind of annoying not to have this in the first place. Actually, it's really annoying.

• asalteriasalteri Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

While not being able to turn off autoplay is annoying, if you just select the episode you want to play and then click "play selected" only the selected episode will play.

• jano1312jano1312 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Will this ever change?
    Thanks for the workaround with "play selected".

• wayned42wayned42 Posts: 273Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm seeing an auto-play checkbox on my web app:

If I go into a show's season and click the play icon on a single episode, as long as I let it play clear to the end (perhaps even skipping a bit via shift+right-arrow) it shows me an episode-info page at the end with a window that has a checkbox that turns auto-play on and off (mine is off). However, if I instead skip via right-arrow or the Next button, it will go on to the next episode.

I'm not seeing any auto-play feature in PMP in such a scenario (it will play multiple episodes if someone clicks play on an entire season poster, but not when starting a single episode in a season list).

Are others seeing something different?

• akhmetowakhmetow Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@markus101 said:

When? Please, when? Now I do not have any workaround. When? I do not want to watch everything. Please give us a button to play ONLY the episode I want.

This option has been available since the new player launched in 3.17.2 (the new player was first available in PMP, in desktop mode in 1.3.7).

The option is on the post play screen (appearing after the video has played) and will be remembered in that browser.