Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

3.0.1 flickering when navigating

morajodkmorajodk Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

(Using MacOS)

Hi

When I navigate PMP (version 3.0.1) menus, it is flickering and drawing the background in tiles.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• oscilloscill Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 21

Having the same issue with the PMP app here, too, on macOS 10.12.3.

• LanceHardwoodLanceHardwood Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 21

I have the same issue when using PMP 3.0.1 on macOS 10.12. The issue happens when using it in with the Plex Web interface. It works fine for me when using it fullscreen but I don't use the app full screen.

It looks like it's trying to redraw the transparent dynamic background and it's doing a really bad and slow job of it. It would be nice if they released a fix to allow it to be a black background, like it used to be in the last version when there was no flickering.

When viewing Plex Web through Chrome on the same computer, the page renders normally and without flickering. The flickering only happens in PMP.

edited March 29

Same problem with the just-released update for PMP, 1.2.4.597-5c146f2c

Quick fix:

1. Open current version of PMP
    2. Enter full screen PMP "couch" mode or whatever it's called
    3. Enter the Settings screen and disable automatic updates, and set update channel to Stable
    4. Quit PMP, delete PMP from /Applications
    5. Download last good version: https://downloads.plex.tv/plexmediaplayer/1.2.2.555-d1355001/PlexMediaPlayer-1.2.2.555-d1355001-macosx-x86_64.zip
    6. Extract and install old version
    7. Run and decline any updates that come
  • atrusatrus Posts: 11,082Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited March 29

Which Macs are you on? I am going to guess here and say iMac. Specifically 5K iMacs perhaps even?

• PukinatorPukinator Posts: 140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 29

I have those issues with a MacBook Pro Late 2013 Retina without the AMD graphics card. I also compiled it with the latest git master version. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4l34g63sch1v4a/pmp.mp4?dl=0

EDIT: I'm also running the latest macOS, but I also had the problem before the latest update

• oscilloscill Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

15" Macbook Pro Late 2016 with Radeon Pro 460

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013 with a GeForce GT 750M. Using both the built in display and a 4K display connected by Thunderbolt (scaled to 1080p using System Preferences, but connected at 4K 60Hz).