Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] OpenPHT 1.8.0

KwibooKwiboo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 190 Plex Pass
edited March 20 in OpenPHT

Today we announce the release of OpenPHT 1.8.0.

This release focuses on fixing transcoding compatibility with PMS 1.3.x or newer and adding Voice Control (Alexa) support.

Big thanks to @benjaminwolf, @daniel.cull, @dlanor, @MagnumDoomguy, @DeadEyeFlint and @bkury for working hard to ensure it's polished and ready to roll!

New
- Voice Control (Alexa) support
- Support server terminated playback
- Use music metadata from Streaming Brain
- Only load first 200 items in a photo slideshow
- Addon repository is refresed on start
- Non-working Airplay setting is removed from preferences
- Updates the HIDRemote class to the latest version (thanks @xzcvczx )
- Update german language file (thanks @Eloo )
- Option to display server name instead of user name in home listing (thanks @Fmstrat )
- Updated to ffmpeg 2.8.11
- Embedded: Upgraded to LibreELEC 8.0 base OS
- Embedded: Dropped bundled hyperion

Fixes
- Fixes transcoding issues when using PMS 1.3.x or newer
- Re-downloads theme music if it failed first time
- Fixes a crash in search
- Fixes a crash due to missing openssl locking
- Fixes a memory leak when using ssa subtitles
- Fix pin pad alignment in default skin

Known Issues
- Auto-update of windows portable installs will fail and corrupt your portable install

Downloads
For Windows, OS X, Embedded and Linux see OpenPHT 1.8.0 GitHub page
For Raspberry Pi devices see RasPlex 1.8.0 release post

Auto Update
OpenPHT 1.8.0 is scheduled to be available on the pre-release update channel within the next 24-48 hours.

Bugs?
Please report bugs on GitHub, https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT/issues

Comments

• ahughes03ahughes03 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 140 Plex Pass

I was able to grab the 1.8.0 in OpenPHT by checking for an update on the pre-release channel. Install process went smoothly!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing. It's really appreciated!

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 978 Plex Pass

Cross posting this for completion.

@Kwiboo said:
    hyperion was dropped because the "official" install_hyperion.sh from https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion will install a much newer version of hyperion and now have much better RasPlex/LibreELEC support

Let me know if you have problems installing the "official" hyperion version, I will then look into restoring it in a 1.8.1 release

• garnutsgarnuts Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

I appreciate all the work you guys did on the new release.

Unfortunately it did not fix my issue with the embedded Odroid C2 version.

Still having same issue where on Bluray VC-1 MKV rips the video doesn't play smoothly... slightly slowed down and audio way out of sync.

Benjamin said on the 'OpenPHT for Odroid C2' thread on January 16:

"Hopefully we'll see it in OpenPHT v2. The fix would need to be part of the main LibreElec branch, and then be the version imported into OpenPHT."

So I guess I'll be waiting awhile longer for v2 to use my C2 :/

• Badgerman26Badgerman26 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Thanks all. Much appreciated. Really looking forward to getting Alexa integration when I update later.

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass
    edited March 21

Wow, awesome work guys !!! cant wait to get home and try it out !

Anyone tried it on a Wetek Hub ? Is the Hub now able to power on via remote ?
    And ofcourse; 4k 10bit HEVC playable ? :)

• Stephen3001Stephen3001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 154 Plex Pass

Has anyone had any problems with frame rates? Using Ver 1.8.0 and everything plays at 24fps. I've tried some 25i material (TV shows) and I get judder everytime when it adds a frame..

It seems as though it's not changing frame rates based not he material. The previous version (1.7.1) worked fine.

Any ideas?

• danichispadanichispa Members, Plex Pass Posts: 28 Plex Pass

I cannot play any files that are on Plex Cloud if my PMS is installed in the same machine that OpenPHT. Is there a way to do this?

• danjames92danjames92 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,945 Plex Pass

Getting audio static when seeking forward with audio passthrough enabled on a Odroid C2. Doesn't occur with passthrough disabled and straight LPCM. Should I submit logs on Github?

@nielsvdp said:

Yes to both. Hub is much more stable as well. A memory leak was fixed that was causing the hub to freeze and crash after X amount of use.

@danjames92 said:
    Getting audio static when seeking forward with audio passthrough enabled on a Odroid C2. Doesn't occur with passthrough disabled and straight LPCM. Should I submit logs on Github?

What passthrough codecs specifically? DTS, AC3, DTS-HD MA, etc.

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

@benjaminwolf said:

@nielsvdp said:

Yes to both. Hub is much more stable as well. A memory leak was fixed that was causing the hub to freeze and crash after X amount of use.

Awesome ! Will install tonight ! thanks

• whupperwhupper Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Thank you guys great work ! Everything is working so far but I wonder why the Odroid C2 VC-1 Bug still appears because Libreelec 8 has the fix included for that.
    @Stephen3001 I have no problems with framerates and 25i.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Members, Plex Pass Posts: 287 Plex Pass

@Stephen3001 said:
    Has anyone had any problems with frame rates? Using Ver 1.8.0 and everything plays at 24fps. I've tried some 25i material (TV shows) and I get judder everytime when it adds a frame..

It seems as though it's not changing frame rates based not he material. The previous version (1.7.1) worked fine.

Any ideas?

please specify what platform you are running openpht on...

I have no problems with framerates

• danjames92danjames92 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,945 Plex Pass
    edited March 21

@benjaminwolf said:

@danjames92 said:

What passthrough codecs specifically? DTS, AC3, DTS-HD MA, etc.

It was with AAC_LATM from a DVR recording. It hasn't happened since however but I notice it in the settings, Audio output, keep audio device alive option.

If you scroll through the options of keep audio device alive in quick succession you get various popping.

EDIT: most prevalent when skipping through dvr recordings.

Also noticed when seeking the GUI goes a bit haywire and jumps all over the place.

@daniel.cull

The info is in my signature:-

OpenPHT on Intel NUC6I5SYH Core i5 NUC

This is the embedded version.

@Stephen3001 said:
    @daniel.cull

The info is in my signature:-

OpenPHT on Intel NUC6I5SYH Core i5 NUC

This is the embedded version.

I saw your signature, it tells that you have a NUC and OpenPHT, it doesnt say what platform its running on. i have several nucs, but im running windows + openpht on them, you could have been doing the same

Are you using the Generic or Intel_EGL embedded build?

@daniel.cull

AFAIK it is the Generic Build. The V 1.8.0 update came through the update channel.

@Stephen3001 you could try and do a clean install with the intel_egl embedded build and see if that makes any difference

if not you could also attach some debug logs of playing that file, and a sample of the file itself perhaps.

Thanks @daniel.cull

I tried playing some 1080/25p material, as well as 576/50i and both juddered.

I will try some things tonight and report back with logs if things don't work out.

• jakmakjakmak Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

On The Odroid C2 embedded I get no response from my harmony IR remote.
    From Update or fresh install its the same. Dead remote.
    If I roll Back everything works fine.