Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] OpenPHT 1.8.0

Comments

• jmaxlowjmaxlow Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I haven't changed any settings. Limited color is disabled. No sync ti display. Video render method is auto. Allow hardware acceleration on.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 300Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmaxlow said:
    I haven't changed any settings. Limited color is disabled. No sync ti display. Video render method is auto. Allow hardware acceleration on.

the only suggestions i have are to make sure the intel driver tool everything is on default for all the settings, it has a restore default button in each setting screen

if that doesnt work you could try to put openpht back to defaults,
    close OpenPHT, rename C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\OpenPHT\userdata\guisettings.xml to something else

reopen openpht, put your pin etc, see if its back to normal
    if its no difference you could you rename that file back to what it was originally.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• jmaxlowjmaxlow Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    edited April 2

So, after some experimentation, it appears that turning off "Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2" allows the videos to play as expected, without their washed-out appearance. The screenshot below shows normal video on the left (VLC), and washed out on the right (OpenPHT with acceleration enabled.)

The odd thing is that VLC is also set to use hardware acceleration. So, I'm at a loss as to why OpenPHT is producing a different result.

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2

Guys, Still having problems streaming 4k content to my Wetek Hub.

Log file attached.

I have ruled out the network since I put the Hub directly onto the server. Moved the files to a different drive; no luck.
    Running latest PMS.
    Even reinstalled my entire server to rule out any odd bits..

Anyone have an idea what is going on here ?

• Dion250Dion250 Posts: 134Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this program on my PC.. I hope one day it can be ported to Android for my Nvidia Shield..

• krackerjack22krackerjack22 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danichispa said:
    I cannot play any files that are on Plex Cloud if my PMS is installed in the same machine that OpenPHT. Is there a way to do this?

I have the same issue

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 912Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Love The app. Is there anyway to force 16:9 on all videos like the PMP? I know you can do it for 4:3 videos, but I wish you could do it on all videos. Thanks again!

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• marktheredmarkthered Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OpenPHT works great. My only two issues are as follows:

(1) When switching users, it occasionally glitches and shows continuous SEARCH options down the line instead of the correct TV / Movies menu choices. Rebooting client fixes this.
    (2) When looking at Photos, no matter what photo I click on it always starts the slideshow at the very top picture. This makes large photo libraries non-functional because it takes forever to scan through them.

But don't let my whining fool you. I love the client, just giving some bug feedback.

• babybartbabybart Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 13

I upgraded to 1.8.0 from the previous release via the menu option, but this release keeps locking up. When locked up I can still SSH into the box, however.

I'm running it on a Chromebox M004U (Celeron 2955U) and I can't find instructions for either reinstalling or downgrading via the command line. I also can't manage to get it to boot from USB stick, either (I hadn't tried that since first installing OpenPHT, so perhaps unrelated?). I would be incredibly grateful for any pointers.

• carlosvr74carlosvr74 Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just want to share with you a trick I found to configure remote shortcuts to adjust audio/subtitle delay without having to go to the menu during playback.

You need to create a txt file under:

"C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\OpenPHT\userdata\keymaps"

and paste the following code:

<keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
                <b>AudioDelayMinus</b>
                <n>AudioDelayPlus</n>
                <g>SubtitleDelayMinus</g>
                <j>SubtitleDelayPlus</j>

</keyboard>
        </global>
    </keymap>

After that just change the file extension to XML and restart OpenPHT.

When you press "g" or "j" to adjust the subtitle delay, you'll get a notification on screen but there is no notification for audio delay. Can this be solved?

I would like this would be an option included in OpenPHT like it is in Plex Media Player by default.

Anyway, I just want to share this with you in case someone was looking how to solved, like I did.

• ahughes03ahughes03 Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 15

@babybart said:
    I upgraded to 1.8.0 from the previous release via the menu option, but this release keeps locking up. When locked up I can still SSH into the box, however.

I'm running it on a Chromebox M004U (Celeron 2955U) and I can't find instructions for either reinstalling or downgrading via the command line. I also can't manage to get it to boot from USB stick, either (I hadn't tried that since first installing OpenPHT, so perhaps unrelated?). I would be incredibly grateful for any pointers.

@babyart: Try booting with a fresh install on an SD card. I had issues with USB sticks as well...

Download links for Chromebox Builds of:
    OpenPHT 1.8.0
    OpenPHT 1.7.1

My Plex Server: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qbJV3C
    My Plex Clients: 3x Odroid C-2 and OpenPHT, a few phones and tablets, etc..
    Setting up a Plex Server on FreeNAS "the right way"
    Setting up your Plex Dataset on FreeNAS "the right way"

• babybartbabybart Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks, @ahughes03 !

I figured out that since OpenPHT is forked from OpenElec, I could use the following instructions to perform the update via SSH to my box:
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=HOW_TO:Update_LibreELEC

• lukemzlukemz Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone been able to get this release installed on ubuntu 17.04? I have a new kaby lake processor that forced me to upgrade and now i can't get it to make

• btesdall71btesdall71 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I did a fresh install of this tonight in order to try to work around some issues I was having with PMP.
    The app works great, except that I'm getting random lockups whenever I browse my TV shows or Movies.

• btesdall71btesdall71 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I suppose I should have said I'm running the embedded version of 1.8.0 on an Intel NUC i5 4th generaton.

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 197Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I put the embedded version of 1.8 on an MSI Cubi (Intel Core i3, 8GB DDR3L, 64GB M2 SSD) and it is very flaky. There is a lot of screen flicker on interface items. Sometimes sections of menus black out in blocks. Sometimes multiple items light up and stay lit when navigating menus. In short, it is borderline unusable. I'm going to go back to 1.6 for now.

• stevej.3dstevej.3d Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@scurtis said:
    I put the embedded version of 1.8 on an MSI Cubi (Intel Core i3, 8GB DDR3L, 64GB M2 SSD) and it is very flaky. There is a lot of screen flicker on interface items. Sometimes sections of menus black out in blocks. Sometimes multiple items light up and stay lit when navigating menus. In short, it is borderline unusable. I'm going to go back to 1.6 for now.

Ran into that issue lately with my set-up. Was moving some hardware around and put 1.8 embedded on some AMD hardware and had the interface flickering/shearing issue. Tried the 1.7 install and it seemed be fine. Issue after that was I couldn't get the audio pass-through to work correctly to my receiver. Switched back to some Intel hardware and ran fine on v1.8 and audio pass-through worked fine.

Was hoping to use the more powerful Intel hardware for a pfsense router install (it's a bit overkill for an openPHT client) but just couldn't get the AMD hardware to work 100% on 1.8

• brimurbrimur Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having a couple of issues at the moment

1. Audio lag. Using passthrough to Onkyo AV receiver. Voice starts in sync with video but soon will drop out of sync. I have to skip back a few seconds to get it to sync again. Pausing also makes the audio go out of sync. This issue does not exist on my Chromecast or other libreELEC devices connected to the same receiver
    2. I use the TvHeadend-ng channel to watch my local digital and satellite channels. If I open them on my raspberry pi running PMP, on my phone's Android Plex app or cast to my Chromecast the channels play fine but when I open the channel in openpht it lists the channels and I can see the epg information but when I press play it throws an error immediately saying that it can't play and to make sure the file is on the drive.

OpenPHT: 1.8.0
    PMS: 0.9.16

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 596Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Audio sync loss can occur if you have "Sync Playback to Display" set and are using passthrough. Either turn off the display sync or turn off passthrough and have the device decode the audio.

• brimurbrimur Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gbooker02 said:
    Audio sync loss can occur if you have "Sync Playback to Display" set and are using passthrough. Either turn off the display sync or turn off passthrough and have the device decode the audio.

I don't have sync playback to display enabled. My understanding was that would force a transcode and I didn't want that.