Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] OpenPHT 1.8.0

Comments

• PMShodanPMShodan Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@brimur said:
    I am having a couple of issues at the moment

1. Audio lag. Using passthrough to Onkyo AV receiver. Voice starts in sync with video but soon will drop out of sync. I have to skip back a few seconds to get it to sync again. Pausing also makes the audio go out of sync. This issue does not exist on my Chromecast or other libreELEC devices connected to the same receiver

I'm having the exact same problem, just without passtrough to any receiver, only using the TV speakers. The audio track starts in sync but soon drops out of sync. Pausing is also a sure trigger to loose sync. The problem was for sure not present in 1.6.2. Not sure with 1.7.1.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 300Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmaxlow said:
    The new release is functioning terrifically (love the new way the home screen can be customized) except in one area for me. Any video file I play is very washed out - blacks are light grays, contrast is low, and everything has a flat appearance. This happens whether the file is encoded in h264 or h265. It's independent of my TV brightness and contrast settings, because playing the same files in VLC media player shows them with the correct black levels, etc. Even the Aeon Nox skin itself of the new release shows black levels and contrast correctly. Only videos themselves get washed out.

I looked for some sort of color calibration within the release and can't find any. The wash out did not happen with the previous few releases.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? I have an i5 running Windows 10 with the latest Intel video drivers.

in the intel driver setting, auto contrast etc is enabled by default, i suggest to disable these, they do effect the image in openpht

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• racquemisracquemis Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I have got the same problem as jmaxlow with the washed out colors. But i'm a a celeron chromebox.
    The problem starts randomly. Last night everytime was fine until i restarted the chromebox, after the restart all blacks were grey. But i've restarted many times on 1.8 release without any issue. Fornunately playing with the limited color space setting (set to full) compensates the problem. But it's quite annoying to having to mess with the settings every time the problem appears/disappears.

Any ideas for a fix?

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have OpenPHT 1.7 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, is 1.8 supposed to be delivered by updates or do I need to install it from scratch? Because every time I check for software updates in OpenPHT it says I'm up to date...

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 596Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

If you look at the release itself (https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT/releases/tag/v1.8.0.148-573b6d73) you'll see a Pre-release on the left side. Because of that, you have to change your update channel from Stable to Pre-release before you'll see this update through that mechanism.

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gbooker02 said:
    Because of that, you have to change your update channel from Stable to Pre-release before you'll see this update through that mechanism.

Done that but still it says that I have the latest version, is there some log I can check to see what's wrong with auto update? On my Mac same issue and I manually installed 1.8 over 1.7

• quindariousquindarious Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This build installs ok for me but then failt to start correctly with the error "Failed to start xorg server".

Possibly related to old nvidia chipset graphics as the older builds that support legacy nvidia graphics work fine.

• dragonmeldragonmel Posts: 599Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

having a weird issue on my pi2 .. its hdmi to a 1080 TV .. never had issues in the past with 1.6 .. but it wants to transcode 1080 movies saying they are too big.. direct play is on and I cant figure out why its taking a 1920x8xx and transcoding to 1915x8xx ??

strange?

• LeConcepteurLeConcepteur Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

HI,
    Under debian Jessie 64 I can't Log in with my mail or the code pin, the wheel turn and turn indefinitely

• carlosvr74carlosvr74 Posts: 21Members ✭✭

I have audio lag too. Any fix soon?

• arcanus66arcanus66 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello...
    I was having some issues after upgrading the PM Server, most of which got fixed once I found this thread and upgraded my Home Theatre. I am still having audio sync issues with some files. I tried these settings:

Playback -> Advanced video -> Adjust display refresh rate: On start / stop
    Playback -> Advanced video -> Sync playback to display: Unchecked
    System -> Advanced -> Resolution: 1920x1080p (TV should switch to 4K when playing a 4K video)
    System -> Advanced -> Refresh rate: 60.00
    System -> Advanced -> Vertical blank sync: Let driver choose

Except that even after switching the theme back to default I still don't have a refresh rate in the advanced menu, and for vertical sync my choices are: Always enabled, Enabled during video playback, and disabled.

Any help would be appreciated..
    Thanks

• bringonblinkbringonblink Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@LeConcepteur said:
    HI,
    Under debian Jessie 64 I can't Log in with my mail or the code pin, the wheel turn and turn indefinitely

Same issue here

• hoopes4908hoopes4908 Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

How in the hell do you install this? Million freaking files

• mumu409mumu409 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any word on adding the Live TV option that came out this week?

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 300Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mumu409 said:

they havent even added it properly to their own plex clients yet...

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• wally007wally007 Posts: 1,233Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@daniel.cull said:

@mumu409 said:

they havent even added it properly to their own plex clients yet...

I'd like to know if its even being considered?
    OpenPHT would be one of the few client that could actually stream live TV/Recordings without any remuxing/transcoding and most importantly have proper grid guide in optional skins.

• KumarjitDeyKumarjitDey Posts: 28Members Plex Pass

Any hope to get the feature of Actor thumbs?

• TonioRoffoTonioRoffo Posts: 194Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can I inform where to post feature requests? Thanks!

• mbze430mbze430 Posts: 122Members ✭✭

Will there be a Windows OpenPHT based on Kodi 17.x soon? :tired_face:

• andrema2andrema2 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any indication of a new version ?