If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] OpenPHT 1.8.0

Comments

• carlosvr74carlosvr74 Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Not a word

Still having audio lag. I think I'll switch to Plex Media Player or maybe Kodi.

• ViolettoVioletto Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nearly four months passed since 1.8.0. I had hoped that we get new versions at shorter intervals.
    No offense to the developers! It's just frustrating from my point of view because I'm using Plex/OpenPHT every day and likewise often I'm looking for the next step of development. o:)

• PlaydancePlaydance Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i hope this isn't dead in the water

• wally007wally007 Posts: 1,255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 28

@Violetto said:
    Nearly four months passed since 1.8.0. I had hoped that we get new versions at shorter intervals.
    No offense to the developers! It's just frustrating from my point of view because I'm using Plex/OpenPHT every day and likewise often I'm looking for the next step of development. o:)

I also use OpenPHT in our Livingroom and in Cinema room daily so I hope it isnt dead either.
    However, even when PHT was maintained by Plex inc. updates took lots of time (some updates took years) so as long as it is not dead - it's cool.

• GonzbullGonzbull Posts: 7Members ✭✭
    edited July 31

Had a problem but solved it. Great work guys on the update!

• hugolosthugolost Posts: 47Members ✭✭

Is there a guide to install OpenPHT under Ubuntu 16.04?

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 608Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 1

@hugolost said:
    Is there a guide to install OpenPHT under Ubuntu 16.04?

For which part do you need a guide? Download, Double click, install, run and he happy?

Edit: I remember there was a lib missing for me in Linux Mint, but I can't remember which one exactly. Something SSL I think.

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,241Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@daniel.cull

I would like to try this on my Odroid C2. Problem is I don't want it to write to my eMMC memory card. Can I force RAM video caching like in Kodi inside the 2GB RAM of the device via the advancedsettings.xml like I can with Kodi?

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• TrainXTrainX Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

I'm having issues with my wifi disconnecting when idle on my odroid c2. I'm using the ODROID WIFI MODULE 5 as my wifi adapter. Anyone having this problem and know how to fix it? I've tried a clean install and still the same issue occurs. Running on a EMMC module on OpenPHT-Embedded-1.8.0.148-573b6d73-Odroid_C2.aarch64.img

• samplexsamplex Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any update regarding a new version or is OpenPHT dead?

• zaph47zaph47 Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I sure hope not. Remains the best player around (w/ Aeon Nox)

It seems to be dead. I don't like Plex Media Player so I have to switch to Kodi 18 but it would be nice a new OpenPHT version with audio lag errors fixed. I'd give it a try

• samplexsamplex Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to be dead, Plex player is very bad..

• l-rsl-rs Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I did run into some audio / video jitter problems with 1.8.0 so I've switched to watching through Chromecast exclusively. Did give the official player another try but it's... just... awful.

• zonediverzonediver Posts: 277Members ✭✭

OpenPHT is/was one of the best Plex-Players ever. This official Plex-Player is crap - dont like it.
    But it seems, OpenPHT is gone/dead... too bad... :s

unRAID-Server PRO v6.3.5 - 42TB
    ASRock B75 Pro3-M / i7-3770 / 16GB DDR3 / Intel Pro 1000 GT
    2x Adaptec 1430SA
    14x HDDs
    1x SSD 256GB
    ISP - 125/12,5 MBit (down/up) - Monthly transfer ~ 250-450GB (Upload)
    Clients - 1x Xbox 360, 2x RasPlex, 3x OpenPHT, 1x Apple iPad, 1x Android

• plexburkeplexburke Posts: 495Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Violetto said:

I love it too, but 4 months is hardly a long time between releases. Especially considering PHT were pretty slow (especially the last one that went a year- then announced it's deprecation). While it doesn't look like there's been much as of late on GitHub, I wouldn't put a fork in it. I know nothing is ever stable for everyone but the embedded versions for me have been wonderful. The rasplex guys have jobs (and probably families, friends etc) and they do these big projects that fall under their scope- for fun and for us. I look for updates occasionally (like a new toy) but 4 months (march?) in software terms is far from ready to assume it's been abandoned. Plus with the scope of the work they've done and the amount of peoples efforts put into it; I think if that time comes they'd probably let us know. They simply may of taken summer off. Couldn't blame them.

• ViolettoVioletto Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My post is from 6 weeks ago. ;) So meanwhile more than 5 months passed since last release (just to clarify).

I am far away from reproaching somebody for his selfless work. This is not the point, realy!
    I just want to remark that the developers have accepted responsibility to the users of their project.
    To inform the users about bad news (maybe with a forecast) is a much better service than posting nothing for months.

Certainty about no progression is hard, but uncertainty about the project is much harder.

Again, this is not a charge, just a hint. o:)

• devdev Posts: 96Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

it's dead, wrapped in plastic