Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] OpenPHT 1.8.0

12346»

Comments

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 387Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 26

@Kwiboo said:
    Hey all, sorry for not getting back any time sooner but I have had to take some time of this project...

All the main functions that I mainly use have been working great (for me, my family and friends) since the last release, I also see no reason to put much effort info the current code base unless there is a major issue.

Work on a rewrite/v2 version of OpenPHT based on Kodi Krypton started late last year but it has also been on hold last few months. Lots of interaction with PMS and plex.tv is already working in a much cleaner way then current legacy v1 code :)

My plan is to try and resume work on v2 sometime in the next few weeks, and the first milestone will be to rebase current v2 work on top of Kodi Leia.

OpenPHT is kick ass, just fix the library art screensaver please :D
    And thanks a lot for the great work!

• kriebekriebe Posts: 216Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@zaph47 said:
    I sure hope not. Remains the best player around (w/ Aeon Nox)

This is exactly what I think and feel every time I see a new, supposedly better version of Plex Media Player. OpenPHT with Aeon Nox just blows it out of the water. Yes, there are definitely some issues and things I'd like to see moved over from PMP, but it's not at all worth using in comparison.

• lukecrolukecro Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 27

@Kwiboo said:
    Hey all, sorry for not getting back any time sooner but I have had to take some time of this project...

All the main functions that I mainly use have been working great (for me, my family and friends) since the last release, I also see no reason to put much effort info the current code base unless there is a major issue.

Work on a rewrite/v2 version of OpenPHT based on Kodi Krypton started late last year but it has also been on hold last few months. Lots of interaction with PMS and plex.tv is already working in a much cleaner way then current legacy v1 code :)

My plan is to try and resume work on v2 sometime in the next few weeks, and the first milestone will be to rebase current v2 work on top of Kodi Leia.

That's amazing news - the current version is still working great for me, but I can't wait to try out v2. Long live OpenPHT! Many thanks @Kwiboo for all you do.

• prisoner881prisoner881 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Kwiboo said:

Is there anything you can do to address JUST the audio lag issue with the current code base while we wait for the rewrite? There are no other intolerable bugs (that I'm aware of) besides the audio lag/drift.

• wally007wally007 Posts: 1,233Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Kwiboo said:

Thanks for all your work on OpenPHT. By far the best client for Plex server.
    I've just learned from other thread about RasPlex and way to supportthe project - i will be doing that asap. OpenPHT works for me flawlessly as is.

• marktheredmarkthered Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for OPEN PHT. I have a chromebox and a nVidia shield and I always prefer the chromebox with OPEN PHT.

My only two gripes are the glitches with multiple users. I have a kids account and when switching sometimes I get the old "Search, Search, Search, Search, Search, ad infinitum" main menu glitch. Rebooting fixes, but hopefully newer Krpyton builds address this.

• plexburkeplexburke Posts: 494Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Kwiboo said:

woo hoo

• hollybankhollybank Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Delighted to hear that OpenPHT is still being worked on, it is by far the most stable and best PLEX client out there. It rarely crashes, in fact I cannot remember the last time it did! Well done on the hard work and the community looks forward to future releases.

• yegoryegor Posts: 127Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's wonderful news, I'm glad the OpenPHT is not abandoned. I tried really hard to get used to the new Plex player, but it just doesn't compel in any way: it's slow, difficult to navigate and unpleasant UI in general.

Thank you guys!

• treboR2RoberttreboR2Robert Posts: 252Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Kwiboo said:

Sounds amazing, I can't wait !!!

Thank you for your continuing hard work on the best Plex client there is ! by far !!!

I assume that this applies to Rasplex aswell ?

treboR2Robert    AKA    Mr. Grumpy

PMS ( FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5 ) ( manual jail )    Rasplex ( Raspberry Pi 3 model B ) ¦ ( Raspberry Pi 2 model B x2¦ ( Raspberry Pi model B x2 )     PS3 & PS4

• 1liminal11liminal1 Posts: 105Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry if I missed this,

When do you think RasPlex will get the new UI, very very keen to check it out :)

• kwburks22kwburks22 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Kwiboo-- thank you for all your hard work on this project. I am looking forward to any new versions especially if LiveTV can be implemented. Everything else works awesome for me in my setups. I wish I was a better developer or I'd offer help, I hate to see only one person having to do all the work!

I would also encourage people who enjoy Rasplex and OpenPHT to donate to this project.

Thanks again.

12346»