If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 5.4.0

MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 488Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Aeon Nox Team is pleased to announce that Aeon Nox 5.4.0 is out!

Please note that Aeon Nox 5.4.0 requires OpenPHT 1.8.0 (also out today). After upgrading OpenPHT, Aeon Nox 5.4.0 can be updated (or installed fresh) from OpenPHT. If you want to manually update, the downloadable version is here: https://github.com/magnumdoomguy/skin.aeon.nox.5/releases/tag/v5.4.0

General:

• Per view toggle SD/HD flags
  • Per view blur background setting
  • Per view toggle Topbar setting
  • Added "play all" and "shuffle all" to Music recently added filter.
  • Search, Settings, and Skin Settings overhaul
  • Updated studio flags
  • Updated translations, including new Swedish translation. Thanks hakgle!
  • Rasplex specific tweaks and optimizations
  • Numerous small tweaks, optimizations and bug fixes

Home Window:

• Home menu customizer: fine tuned customization of the home main menu and the submenus. Each main menu item has a unique submenu, and the submenu items can be populated however you wish
  • Home menu quick filters: Filters directly on the home menu for each library type with filters for genres, collections, actors, etc.
  • Extensive collection of genre icons for browsing by genre, country flags for browsing by country, and actor images populated by PMS for browsing by actor.

Shift View:

• Added infopanel
  • Added "small posters" option
  • Added "flat" style
  • Adaptive labels (automatically change based on the media type and the filter used)
  • Added Shift to Home Videos (Portrait mode only)
  • Added Shift to Shared Content

TriPanel View:

• Added "flipped" style
  • Appearance tweaks
  • Adaptive labels
  • Added TriPanel to Home Videos (Portrait mode only)
  • Adaptive plot size (size of plot summary adapts to amount of metadata PMS is able to provide for the media)

FanartList:

• Adaptive labels
  • Added FanartList to Watch Later
  • Added FanartList to Home Videos-

ShowCase View:

• Added "flat" style to ShowCase
  • Added ShowCase to Shared Content
  • Added ShowCase to Photos
  • Added ShowCase to Home Videos (Portrait mode only)

Landscape View:

• Adaptive Labels
  • Added "flat" style to Landscape
  • Added Landscape to Watch Later

InfoWall View:

• Enhanced focus animation
  • Added "flat" style
  • Added InfoWall to Home Videos (Portrait mode only)

Channels:

• Enhanced display of Channels
  • Removed viewtypes other than List from Channels (more will be added later, but the ones removed were behaving pretty badly)

Thanks to @kwiboo for the awesome OpenPHT 1.8.0 release (and putting up with me), @daniel.cull for his diligent testing and constructive feedback, @aeronnl for the Dutch translation, @danichispa for the Spanish translation, mikesilvo164 for all the awesome Aeon Nox Silvo mods that were used in this update.

Aeon Nox 5 Skin for OpenPHT

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

Tagged:

Comments

• _ToXIc__ToXIc_ Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

great work guys thanks!!!

• coz2001coz2001 Posts: 270Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Awesome update, thanks @MagnumDoomguy

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,203Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't wait to test both this and the new OpenPHT!

• Carsten OutzenCarsten Outzen Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's... so... beautiful. Thank you.

My Plex Universe: 

Primary PMS: Windows 10 Pro, ASUS Z97K, i7-4770K, 8GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD. 10TB Datadisks. Stablebit DrivePool. This server also serves PlexPy, DVBLink Server and Emby Server.

Media Storage: Synology DS1511+ and DX513 - 30TB - DSM 6.0

Main PHT: Mac Mini Mid 2011 2.3 GHz i5 8GB RAM, Harmony Smart Control, Flirc, Apptivate, Plex Black Edition Skin

Nvidia Shield Android TV with Kodi 16.1 and PlexKodiConnect , Raspberry PI2 with Kodi 16.1 and PlexKodiConnect, Raspberry PI2 with RasPlex, PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, Chromecast, Chromecast 2.

Mobile Clients: OnePlus 2, iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad 4

Samsung TV's with Plex: 55” 2011 and 32” 2012

Reciever: Pioneer VSX-924 • Projector: Epson EH-TW3200 • Router: ASUS RT-AC68U • HDHomeRun 4DC

• Jack_77Jack_77 Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is it possible to move "Power" and "System" to the submenu in home windows?

• MagnumDoomguyMagnumDoomguy Posts: 488Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Jack_77 said:

It is via the new Home Menu Customizer.

Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

edited March 21

@MagnumDoomguy said:

@Jack_77 said:

It is via the new Home Menu Customizer.

Can you explain it in detail? I have seen the Home Menu Customizer but couldn´t find a way to move the items to submenu, just disable/enable. I won´t disable "System" ;)

Found it. Thanks for the great update.

• finagle69finagle69 Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MagnumDoomguy Thanks for this update, and thanks for the work you do on OPHT. Excellent updates here :)

• plexburkeplexburke Posts: 494Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks to @kwiboo for the awesome OpenPHT 1.8.0 release (and putting up with me), @daniel.cull for his diligent testing and constructive feedback, @aeronnl for the Dutch translation, @danichispa for the Spanish translation, mikesilvo164 for all the awesome Aeon Nox Silvo mods that were used in this update.

It's way legit, thanks dude

• TERRACE_87TERRACE_87 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm brand new to this part of Plex: how do I access the settings to add this skin?

@TERRACE_87 said:
    I'm brand new to this part of Plex: how do I access the settings to add this skin?

Aeon Nox is for the OpenPHT Plex client. Download and install OpenPHT from here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/264209/release-openpht-1-8-0

Once OpenPHT is installed Aeon Nox can be downloaded and installed directly from the OpenPHT client itself. Preferences --> Appearance

• TERRACE_87TERRACE_87 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MagnumDoomguy said:

@TERRACE_87 said:

Aeon Nox is for the OpenPHT Plex client. Download and install OpenPHT from here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/264209/release-openpht-1-8-0

Once OpenPHT is installed Aeon Nox can be downloaded and installed directly from the OpenPHT client itself. Preferences --> Appearance

Thanks - I got it set up. So if I'm understanding correctly, this is totally separate from the Roku channel?

Correct, OpenPHT is completely separate from the Roku channel. OpenPHT is available on a fair bit of different hardware but not everything. Roku apps have their own programming language so porting OpenPHT to the Roku platform is unlikely to happen (would be a massive amount of work, more than the rest of the project combined, and would basically grind all OpenPHT development -- particularly with our small team -- to a total halt). OpenPHT is a great client though -- and runs great even on some very cheap hardware. Definitely my first choice of clients, but obviously I'm biased. :)

• michaelblongmichaelblong Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any way to get back backgrounds for specific libraries? I have a library for my daughter's shows and would like that to have a different background than my main tv shows background. I also have movies separated into kids movies and my own. If not is it be possible to restrict the selection of "Fan art" only to selections from that particular library?

@michaelblong said:
    Any way to get back backgrounds for specific libraries? I have a library for my daughter's shows and would like that to have a different background than my main tv shows background.

You mean the homescreen background when you select a certain library? Because in that case I think it already takes the background from the artworks of that specific library.

It currently pulls artwork from whole library

@michaelblong said:
    It currently pulls artwork from whole library

Sure, but you said you have a library for your daughter's show, I get that you have another library for your own shows. In this case every section should take the artwork from each library. Or did you mean from the whole server media?

It used to work that way. Now the art is grouped by movie, tv show, music, and photo. I have 2 Movie libraries, my daughters and mine. the artwork is now from all movies.

@michaelblong said:
    It used to work that way. Now the art is grouped by movie, tv show, music, and photo. I have 2 Movie libraries, my daughters and mine. the artwork is now from all movies.

Then there must be something wrong on your side: I just checked with OpenPHT 1.8 and Aeon Nox 5.4.0, I have two "movies" libraries: one for live action, one for animation, and when I go to the animation section there's no background from the other library