If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

WMC + PLEX -> XBOX360 = Beautiful Convergence - Please support

SlinkynoseSlinkynose Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I thought I would join in on this Xbox 360 support train.

I use Xbox 360s as extenders for my WMC Server and they work great. I can get to Plex and Netflix through the Xbox, and the WAF is high. I don't have to switch sources, and I use 1 remote.

There are not too many other ways to integrate Cable Live TV, Neftflix and Plex into one box, and it would be a darn shame if the Plex Devs abandon what might be the most elegant media solution available.

Stop it with the support evey latest gimmick in the search for more money, and get behind some of the most stable and well vetted platforms out there like Xbox 360.

If this is a problem with what Microsoft lets developers do on their platform, come out and say that. Ignoring your existing users is just bad business.

Answers

• zonediverzonediver Posts: 276Members ✭✭
    edited April 25

It seems that the App on the 360 is no longer supported - last Update from August 2015 - bullshit!
    I am using 2x 360 as TV-Extender as well and they work very well, but the Plex-App is crap :/

unRAID-Server PRO v6.3.5 - 41TB
    ASRock B75 Pro3-M / i7-3770 / 16GB DDR3 / Intel Pro 1000 GT
    2x Adaptec 1430SA
    14x HDDs
    1x SSD
    ISP - 100/10 MBit (down/up) - Monthly transfer ~ 250-450GB (Upload)
    Clients - 1x Xbox 360, 2x RasPlex, 3x OpenPHT, 2x Apple (iPhone/iPad), 1x Android