Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Music Skipping after 1 second on Roku

ajjb33ajjb33 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

I've seen similar posts for music skipping issues with Plex, but my seems a bit different (although could be caused by already known issues) so I'm starting a new thread.

Recently, my music stopped playing back solely on the Plex app for Roku. All files play for approx 1 second until skipping to the next song.

1. Skipping is consistent over multiple file types: mp3, wav, m4a. NOTE: All file types previously played back without issue
  2. Skipping is consistent over three different Rokus. (2 - Roku3 and 1- Roku4)
  3. All Rokus have the latest soft/firmware and are connected via 1g wired switched network.
  4. HD movies (10+ gig files) play back on all Rokus without issue
  5. Music plays back without issue (from Plex server) on all Rokus when using the Roku built in media player. (bypassing Plex app)
  6. Plex music plays back without issue on all non-Roku Plex clients: PC, Macbook, Android Phones
  7. Plex Server is running latest version on Dell server running windows 7

In a nutshell: Plex music specifically played back via the Plex app for Roku fails. All other methods seem to work.

Would love to know if anyone else has found a remedy for this specific issue. thanks.

Comments

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,370 Plex Employee

Can you provide the PMS and Roku logs right after recreating this problem?

• ajjb33ajjb33 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

I'm sorry, I just saw that you replied. My notifications weren't set up correctly.

Attached is the log zip file and database zip from PMS.

Also, I enabled remote logging on my Roku 4 and recreated the error at 10:47am Central. Tried playing 3 albums. The two albums that use .m4a files (ripped originally from itunes) stuttered and failed as usual.

However, The album with low quality mp3 files, played back without issue. This is an improvement since my original post.

Plz let me know if I can provide anything else.

thanks, Josh

• coollittlebeachdude@gmail.comcoollittlebeachdude@gmail.com Members Posts: 2

Plex music plays for 1 seconds and then goes to the next song using Roku-4. connecting to friends Plex server.

• ajjb33ajjb33 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

UPDATE: Never found a fix to this issue. However, I decided (since I no longer use iTunes, Apple,etc) to repackage my m4a files into FLAC containers. This immediately solved the issue on all playback devices.