Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CEC with OpenPHT and Sony Bravia

zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have OpenPHT 1.8 installed on a Gigabyte BRIX running Linux (Ubuntu 16.04LTS) and everything works fine, I also have an air mouse that works well but I was trying to enable CEC to control Open PHT with my TV remote. No luck until now: if I turn on the BRIX, connected to HDMI2 on my Bravia KDL32W705C and I go in the "input control" section of the TV preferences (Bravia Link) I then enable the control of HDMI peripherals but when I go to the section where the TV looks for "controllable" devices it says there's no devices that can be controlled. Am I missing something on OpenPHT side (some settings to enable CEC control) or maybe my BRIX HDMI port doesn't support CEC? Or is it Linux?

Best Answer

Answers

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@benjaminwolf said:
    Other forums are reporting there is no CEC support on this model. You may wish to check Gigabyte.

Oh thank you, I'll check with Gigabyte, their technical support is pretty fast although most of their answers are "no it can't be done" or "sorry ubuntu is not supported" :D

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Posts: 1,140Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Actually I did some further investigation on the topic and it looks like it's Intel's fault not supporting CEC on its platforms :(