If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why are songs being truncated?

avh.hawaii@gmail.comavh.hawaii@gmail.com Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It looks like the whole song synced but as it nears the end of each song, the player slips to the next. This started happening after the Android 7.0 update. What can I do?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• avh.hawaii@gmail.comavh.hawaii@gmail.com Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It looks like the whole song synced but as it nears the end of each song, the player slips to the next. This started happening after the Android 7.0 update. What can I do?

• avh.hawaii@gmail.comavh.hawaii@gmail.com Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks. I will continue to badger them on their FB page.

• labashosky2010labashosky2010 Posts: 136Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I posted in the features forum in hopes of get some more traction -> forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1405884#Comment_1405884

• Chris CChris C Posts: 11,826Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We're investigating these reports, but we've been unable to reproduce the behavior ourselves so far. Additional logs (both Android logs and server logs covering the same incident) attached in replies from different people experiencing this would be useful for the investigation. Thanks!

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

Do I neeed to do any special to produce a useful log?

• Chris CChris C Posts: 11,826Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@avh.hawaii@gmail.com said:
    Do I neeed to do any special to produce a useful log?

The links have info. The server one has the best way to get server logs when you reproduce it and then you can grab the logs from Android after you do so, too. Once you have them, attach the logs here along with the time at which you reproduced it.

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• bucketheadmjsbucketheadmjs Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having this issue also. I've noticed it is more frequent when streaming content from my lossless audio library versus streaming from my lossy library. Can anyone else confirm this?

I'll post my logs ASAP.

Plex Media Server: Headless Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-1900 (Ubuntu Server 16.04)
    Storage: QNAP Turbo NAS TS-212-P
    Clients: Nexus 6P (7.1.1), 2013 Nexus 7 (6.0.1), OnePlus One (6.0.1), Roku, Chromecast

@Chris C said:
    We're investigating these reports, but we've been unable to reproduce the behavior ourselves so far. Additional logs (both Android logs and server logs covering the same incident) attached in replies from different people experiencing this would be useful for the investigation. Thanks!

If not already done, can you test this with lossless audio? That seems the have something to do with the issue (for me at least).

Clients: Nexus 6P (7.1.1), 2013 Nexus 7 (6.0.1), OnePlus One (6.0.1), Roku, Chromecast

Here are my logs after encountering the problem.

• MeatChunksMeatChunks Posts: 166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the devs...just upgraded a S7 from android 6.x.x to 7 yesterday. With previously synced content from android 6, the songs are now randomly truncated on android 7.

Anyone have a fresh install/sync on android 7 that can confirm/deny this happening to them?

Why don't you leave your logs too?

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,983Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited April 10

Hi guys i have been trying to reproduce this with FLAC files and have not been able to reproduce it. Is it only FLAC files this is happening with.

Is it only when playing back something which was synced? Does it happen when streaming from server? If it is via syncing can you tell me what your sync settings are for quality

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
    via Email
    My files are simple mp3 format. This is only occurring on synced files. The
    same file works when I play it directly from the server.

On Apr 10, 2017 1:25 PM, "BigWheel" wrote:

Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    BigWheel answered your question: Why are songs being truncated?

Hi guys i have been trying to reproduce this with FLAC files and have not
    been able to reproduce it. Is it only FLAC files this is happening with.

Is it only when playing back something which was synced? Does it happen
    when streaming from server?
  • BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,983Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

OK I have been able to reproduce a different issue reported in another thread where playback just stops completely. Will continue to try to reproduce this though. The two problems are probably related.

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files

Sorry I haven't responded with logs. I am having trouble reproducing the issue with debugging turned on. I can tell you it happens to me streaming lossless from remote wifi connection and the phone is connected to my VPN provider. I am doing my best to capture logs and test scenarios.

Another week has passed. Any news?

• MeatChunksMeatChunks Posts: 166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any workarounds or solutions for this? Or comments from the devs?

via Email
    I just prodded them on FB. Seems like the only way to get their attention.

And still nothing.