If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Missing Feature: Sync viewtime with another user in Status > Now Playing section

Andmill11Andmill11 Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not sure if this was an intended feature or not but I used it to sync watching stuff with my girlfriend all the time where she is midway through an episode or something.

Before in the web version if you went to Status > Now playing you had a play button on the media the other person was watching and it would ask if you wanted to resume at the other users location. Now its been replaced with a stop playback button for im assuming some kind of admin controls?

I'm wondering if its possible to get the syncing playback feature back.. its annoying trying to guess depending on how far along the progress bar is.

Tagged:

Answers

• indianajo883indianajo883 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too wish this would come back. I used to sync with friends and watch movies together. I haven't found anything about it at all. Bring it back Plex!

• Andmill11Andmill11 Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still not back and the new "feature" is still entirely pointless