If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Signal 10 on FreeNas 9.10.2

platoplato Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I installed the latest 1.5.0.3501 of plexmediaserver_plexpass on FreeNas 9.10.2. I hoped that the plex media scanner crash is finally resolved..

But now there is a bigger problem it seems. When I checked the log I saw this:
Mar 24 02:05:13 freenas kernel: pid 6656 (Plex Media Server), uid 1003: exited on signal 10

This is bigger problem than before. What is going on?

Best Answer

Answers

• platoplato Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just updated. Hope this will fix it.

Now I get signal 4 errors on Plex Transcoder...

Ugh, it regularly crashes with signal 4. I'm using AppleTV to play my videos.. I think transcoder changes made it like that.

• shark2kshark2k Posts: 125Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just want to chime in here. I'm also getting the signal 4 crash. From what I found it (actually a previous thread from these forums) it looks like signal 4 might be an illegal instruction that is causing this.

I'm running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412090314 and I can provide a core dump if we can get a Plex employee to look at this.

I'm going to tag @gbooker02 as he was helpful with the signal 11 crash as well as to let a Plex employee know if they are not aware.

If/when he gets in here I'll work on getting him the core dump if he wants.

-Shark2k

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 621Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

As I've stated before, due to way that FreeNAS is architected with its jails, it necessitates the use of ancient tooling in building the FreeBSD version of the server. Additionally, those who are still running 9.3 only serve to reinforce this need of using ancient tooling. As a result of the ancient tooling, crashdumps are completely worthless. So, anything short of a means of reproducing is not going to help. Sorry about that but the only way I was able to track down the signal 11 was via reproducing it in the debugger.

Maybe one day we can get off this ancient tooling but that's going to required dumping FBSD 9 compatibility. Given the disaster that was Corral, I'm questioning whether FN is going to make it easy for the user to upgrade the user-space inside their jails to be able to run newer binaries. Time will tell there.