If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sounds Drop Randomly v.2.007

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 470Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All and especially @Orca,

I have been seeing some odd behaviour recently where especially on transcoded content the sound randomly drops out (i.e. it just goes quiet) then picks up normally a little further. When I rewind and replay the same bit the sound is back normal. I'm not sure where to start to look so I thought I'd ask.

Plex Server is v1.5.1
Samsung Plex 2.007 on an HT-E5500
Everything is connected via Ethernet Cable

Problem is, it is very hard to reproduce and completely random. There are days where it doesn't happen at all, and others where you have it every 20-30 min or so.

I have captured the log 30s from my keypress to rewind and rewatch the bit that I missed. All I noticed that there was a lot going on in the couple of seconds before, but that never used to create problems. Maybe a transcoder error?

The other odd thing I found was that Companion was registering although my HT-E is not logged in? How is this possible?

Mar 24, 2017 08:22:12.933 [16232] DEBUG - [CompanionProxy] registered new player: lo246ju9dx744yjnnseomvx6r (::ffff:192.168.0.5)

Best Answer

Answers

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 470Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the quick response. Luckily I don't have that many things that need transcoding so I'll just wait for the guys to fix it.

As for companion
    Usually my HT is under 192.168.0.5 but I forgot I recently restarted everything so yes was probably one of my other devices hehe