If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to connect to the content server?

Hiya, I'm knew to all this but am receiving the error message 'unable to connect to content server' when trying to stream via the Samsung app.
I've tried two different TVs and both of them are up to date with the firmware.
The main tv is
PS64E8000
Plex app version 2.007
Any ideas? Cheers

Answers

• Woody101980Woody101980 Posts: 2Members

Second tv is a UE32F4500

• anaglyptaanaglypta Posts: 48Members ✭✭

Hi @Woody101980 ,

I'm guessing that you are using your PMS and App offline. I have exactly the same problem if I don't log in both to my Plex account.

The problem has been discussed extensively in this thread. There is a workaround that I discovered if you are determined to use your server and app off line. You will need to downgrade your server to version 1.0.3.2461 or earlier.

Hope this helps.

John.

• xxalxxxxalxx Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I find when this happens if you select Direct Stream the thing works fine.

• I have 4 different models of Samsung Smart TVs of various different ages. The only' 'fix' that has ever worked for me is to delete and then recreate the content folders in Plex.