If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What am I suddenly getting this problem?

wiser1000wiser1000 Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

TV UE40ES6710 E series 2012
Plex APP version 2007 PMS version 1.51.3520

Error Response;

Your model does not support the audio codec AAC switching the playback mode to transcoding might help you resolve this issue.

Playback mode was on auto. Tried Transcoding it didn't work moved to Direct Play it works on some but not on others. Its only been happening since upgrading to the above PMS.

I thought it was to do with adding Cloud but I deleted it and problem still exists

Best Answer

Answers

• wiser1000wiser1000 Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry I will add this is limited to channels only my movies and music play perfectly

• robevans100robevans100 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi. I've just started getting the same error, but on movie trailers. I've been on app version 2007 for a while so i think the issue has started server side (server version 1.5.2.3557).

I've turned trailers off for now.

• gvargas99gvargas99 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 10

This is affecting ALL streaming channels and trailers on the Samsung TV App.

Orca - I want to thank you for your work. Let me know if I can help beta testing anything.
    i also noticed that the 'ACC' message only shows when using direct play. If I use direct stream or transcoding the error is the same but with '' instead of 'ACC'

Thanks again

• Seven_Seven_ Posts: 131Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 11

in response to wiser1000 i have exactly same problem after i updated to version 1.5.x and i test up to today version 1.5.4, i noticed that i get that message when trailers are on? however on Version 1.4.4.3495 is working fine

PMS Version 1.9.4.4325 ~ Win10 x64
    Plex Player 2.009 ~ Samsung TV UE39F5500

• viking1304viking1304 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@wiser1000 said:
    TV UE40ES6710 E series 2012
    Plex APP version 2007 PMS version 1.51.3520

Error Response;

Your model does not support the audio codec AAC switching the playback mode to transcoding might help you resolve this issue.

Playback mode was on auto. Tried Transcoding it didn't work moved to Direct Play it works on some but not on others. Its only been happening since upgrading to the above PMS.

I thought it was to do with adding Cloud but I deleted it and problem still exists

I had same problem with "Watch later" videos (added with Plex It) but I manged to fix it.

While we are waiting for 2.008, as a temporary solution you can download Samsung.xml from this post by Orca:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/45444/from-the-developers-if-there-is-any-news-its-in-here/p7

but put it in your /Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Profiles/ folder instead of /Resources/Profiles/. Restart server and try again. Everything should work just fine.

/Resources/Profiles/ is system folder, and this XML will probably will be overwritten after server update.
    /Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Profiles/ is user folder and empty by default. You don't need to backup anything and it will not be overwritten on server update.

Does anyone have any idea when Samsung are going to release 2.008? This brings up a whole other problem with regard to Samsung 2012 and earlier smart TV's. Samsung will delete the youtube APP on their smart hub on 30th June 2017 I believe based on google requirements. What are your company's plans for keeping Plex updated on 2012 and earlier Samsung TV's?

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,342Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

2.008 did not make the submission criteria for older models. The problem was however with an (inexperienced) outsourced testing team. The matter has been discussed with Samsung and they will keep an eye open on the next release.
    2.009 is just not ready, but it will come in time

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Thanks for the answer although it doesn't exactly answer my question. I am also worried about long term support for Samsung TV's. I really don't want to have to go out and buy a new TV every 6 years just for Plex. Is there another solution?

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,342Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I have been supporting this app for over 6 years now, that's more then most companies would.
    If it ever come that far you can always get a thirdparty device like a Roku , Apple TV or Nvidia shield to use a Plex client.
    The main difference is that the Samsung app will play most videos directly, while all other apps need a server with transcoding capability, and you don't need a second remote.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Orca thanks for the response. I understand your commitment to this project, I love the Plex app and have only built my Freenas box to manage the interaction with my Samsung 3D TV and Plex. As a newbee to building computers the investment in time and money has been vast, and at 62 the learning curve has been a challenge. Therefore I'm sure you will understand my reluctance to lose Plex due to lack of support. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and keep up the good work.

• wilkinsonbejanwilkinsonbejan Posts: 2Members

Hi Orca! Is there any word on when the 2.0008 version will be available? I am also bitten by the ".AAC bug" :-)

Cheers!

• wilkinsonbejanwilkinsonbejan Posts: 2Members

@wilkinsonbejan said:
    Hi Orca! Is there any word on when the 2.0008 version will be available? I am also bitten by the ".AAC bug" :-)

Cheers!

Never mind... I did the Samsung.xml fix mentioned above, and all is good now!

M