If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Syncing is not supported on this server

dan@muddiman.netdan@muddiman.net Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I have Plex Pass and hosting content on Dropbox using Plex Cloud. If I try to sync content to my iPhone 7 for offline viewing I get an error 'syncing is not supported on this server'. How can I fix that?

Best Answer

Answers

• dan@muddiman.netdan@muddiman.net Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the answer, as a user who consumes video on my mobile device when travelling this really means that I can't use Plex Cloud then

• tatumanatatumana Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm watching for this feature too! :smile:

• antonio@carrasco.itantonio@carrasco.it Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there a roadmap we can look at? I would like to know if this is something that is under consideration.

Thanks

• vladspreysvladspreys Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Count me in, I was very surprised that this feature is not available already.

• stantyanstantyan Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Totally agree with everyone! This is really upsetting. Why would you enforce this restriction? A significant amount of time we would want to watch videos on mobile devices and 3G/LTE not very stable for video streaming or sometimes quite expensive. We need this option to sync selected content via wifi at home for offline viewing.

• healthk10healthk10 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We need mobile sync

• phil_wophil_wo Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would really like to see mobile syncing available for plex cloud

• blupp24blupp24 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Totally agree that mobile sync is essential!

• info@christianperez.meinfo@christianperez.me Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My membership is pretty much useless without mobile sync. /=

• amatyeamatye Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any update on mobile sync for Plex Cloud?

• jerremyjerremy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is this on the way?

• salvorsalvor Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yay for once again finding the answer to my query on the Forums, and for (as usual) Plex having not responded in months.

• matt99matt99 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is very annoying.

• rmobisrmobis Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 3

Really disappointed. The only reason I bought my Plex Pass for was to be able to use Plex Cloud, because my previous experience with having a local server was rather tiresome. It's pretty much useless if I cant sync it on my mobile, though. And to see people have been commenting and complaining about it for almost a whole year with no response whatsoever is even more frustrating.

Really regretting the decision to purchase a subscription right now.

• Michael HaaseMichael Haase Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's over a year now since the original post on this thread. It is a major let-down that such a feature is not available!

• antonio@carrasco.itantonio@carrasco.it Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Happy disappointing anniversary to us all as customers.
    Can a PLEX member comment on this please?