Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Primewire channels

Answers

• thestspthestsp Posts: 3Members ✭✭

@Pip Longrun , you did a great job with this channel, and even if it doesn't ever come back, I hope you're proud of what you did with it. Along with @Twoure 's KISS channel, these were the only channels my family needed. I'm bummed that all that work was met with ungratefulness and I hope this thread let you know there are at least a few of us who appreciated it, even if the message comes a little too late.

• ZablonZablon Posts: 26Members ✭✭

What complaints and whining are you talking about? I see a lot of blaming and no one considering that if you don't tell them something isn't working they aren't going to fix it. I was in this thread enough to see that no one was complaining, just asking for fixes.

Face it, they didn't want to do it anymore or someone pushed them to not do it anymore. Unless people were directly knocking on their emails etc and making death threats there was no reason to pull support.

God people love to jump on bandwagons.

I should also caveat that by saying, I never really saw a bunch of complaining in these forums. Also, mine is still working fine?

• anthonp2anthonp2 Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Very sad with this considering it was one of the channels i primarily used to watch my media. Does anyone by any chance have the most recent version of the channel they would be willing to share? Server crashed this morning so had to do a new set-up and stupidly never made a copy of the channels, so lost prime wire :/

Primary PMS: Mid 2011 2.00 Mac Mini, 2.3ghz i5 Processor, 4GB Ram
    Media Storage: 1 x Toshiba 1TB HDD
    Desktop Clients: 1 x Mid 2011 Mac Mini
    Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 5, 1 x iPhone 4S, 1 x iPad 2, 2x LG Smart TV's
  • many7695many7695 Posts: 237Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@anthonp2 said:
    Very sad with this considering it was one of the channels i primarily used to watch my media. Does anyone by any chance have the most recent version of the channel they would be willing to share? Server crashed this morning so had to do a new set-up and stupidly never made a copy of the channels, so lost prime wire :/

here is the primewire bundle

My Plex Family
    running plex server on windows 10 HP
    Xbox One 
    IPad Air 2
    Nexus player
    Chromecast
    Appletv 4 currently my favorite
  • MeanLauraJeanMeanLauraJean Posts: 37Members ✭✭

Wanted to share something some info. I installed @Twoure's USS/USST channel which adds several sources when searching in PrimeWire. For me, any file from estream.to continues to work through PrimeWire (though no other sources work).

I would suggest installing USS/USST so you can continue getting use out of PrimeWire :)

• juan2watchjuan2watch Posts: 39Members ✭✭

@MeanLauraJean said:
    Wanted to share something some info. I installed @Twoure's USS/USST channel which adds several sources when searching in PrimeWire. For me, any file from estream.to continues to work through PrimeWire (though no other sources work).

I would suggest installing USS/USST so you can continue getting use out of PrimeWire :)

Yes with the USS I get PrimeWire to give me more links that work but they seem to all kick out after 10-15 minutes, so it's still not reliable enough for me to use.

• eetjtleetjtl Posts: 570Members ✭✭✭

Looks like it finally broke. But good news fix is simple I will zip up the changed bundle and post here in a few.

• drag0nb0xdrag0nb0x Posts: 42Members ✭✭

o.0 eagerly awaits

edited August 4

Thank you very much for doing this! If I'm not being too forward could you share what particular lines were changed for this fix? When I compare the old version (last version that Pip released that I am aware of) versus yours, there is quite a bit different. Had you been updating yours previously?

For instance it required the UnsupportedServices.bundle which the old version did not require, however I am assuming the actual 'fix' was related to only a few lines of code due to something that changed on the Primewire site.

I really am trying to learn how this works so that i can try to make fixes on my own if necessary.

• drag0nb0xdrag0nb0x Posts: 42Members ✭✭

Just wanna say i added your files this morning and worked like a charm, thank you so much kind person. Also next time i will post in this thread instead of making a new one. I know pip took his down so i didnt know there was a official thread again.

edited August 4

@Zablon said:
    Thank you very much for doing this! If I'm not being too forward could you share what particular lines were changed for this fix? When I compare the old version (last version that Pip released that I am aware of) versus yours, there is quite a bit different. Had you been updating yours previously?

For instance it required the UnsupportedServices.bundle which the old version did not require, however I am assuming the actual 'fix' was related to only a few lines of code due to something that changed on the Primewire site.

I really am trying to learn how this works so that i can try to make fixes on my own if necessary.

Yeah that's the problem with no longer having it on github. I might have been using a development version and the zip might have included non default settings. That being said all I changed was goto.php to gohere.php in two files. But how I figured that out was by tracing code and matching to actual. Html of the particular webpages.
    init.py
    ServiceInfo.plist

• paulw123paulw123 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Thanks very much eetjtl. Works very good again. One needs Twoure's unsupportedservices bundle as well, but it is nice to have a working Primewire again.

• marogersmarogers Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Many many thanks! :smile:

edited August 24

@Zablon said:

if you just want to use the last regular release that doesn't requiring uss. (the one posted by many7695)
    Only one change required
    change line 397 of init.py
    from
    for ext_url in html.xpath('//a[contains(@href, "/goto.php?") and contains(@href, "url=")]/@href'):
    to
    for ext_url in html.xpath('//a[contains(@href, "/gohere.php?") and contains(@href, "url=")]/@href'):

• josealvesjrjosealvesjr Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Working perfectly. Thank you very much. Primewire is my favorite plugin, missed it a lot.

• craig_janewaycraig_janeway Posts: 3Members

@eetjtl said:
    Here is fixed version (Two files changed.)
    One file was in the local channel services so a Plex server restart will be required for server to recognize the services change.

this works. thank you. hope they update the bundle on github with these changes. I installed lwmt, services, unsupportedservice, unsuportedservicestools, and didn't fix anything. then found this post for your edited version, and simply deleted old and pasted yours and started PMS. Interesting that until recently, I would have to close PMS to delete the bundle, but not with current PMS version... which makes me think something has changed how PMS is seeing these bundles?

@craig_janeway I haven't updated my PMS in a long long time. Primewire has been working fine though up until the other day (granted with only a few sources working. )

Thanks for the details @eetjtl . I did do the compares the other day when you posted and saw where the changes were. I am fine using the USS at the moment as it has additional sources. It seems the USS is still being updated regularly keeping the sources up to date.

Thanks again!