Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Primewire channels

Answers

• marogersmarogers Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Most excellent! Thank you for your great work and efforts!

• ZablonZablon Posts: 26Members ✭✭

So, things broke tonight but I think it is related to the external apps that version relies on? I put the old version back and it works fine but the other one just says 'see if server is running'

@Twoure - thank you! I'll check it out.

• josealvesjrjosealvesjr Posts: 8Members ✭✭

It no longer works.

• eetjtleetjtl Posts: 572Members ✭✭✭

What no longer works? Have you installed the version off of github? (the link twoure posted ).
    Need a little more details of your issue.
    Also take into account that not all sources work all the time. That's why they have multiple sources available.

• josealvesjrjosealvesjr Posts: 8Members ✭✭

It´s back. I don´t know what happened. Tks anyway

• michaelt04michaelt04 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Twoure thanks again for your updates. Unfortunately it's down again.

Error Msg:
    From an android device error message "The directory appears to be empty"
    From the Plexweb client "This channel is not responding."

The main primewire.ag url seems to be up and working in a browser

Thanks

• michaelt04michaelt04 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It started working again. Pretty weird

edited August 10

@eetjtl said:
    What no longer works? Have you installed the version off of github? (the link twoure posted ).
    Need a little more details of your issue.
    Also take into account that not all sources work all the time. That's why they have multiple sources available.

This was different than previous issues. When you tried to launch Primewire it said something like "this channel cannot start, verify server is running". It basically wouldn't even let me into the channel. This happened after restarts and reboots as well.

As a test I made some edits to the old version and popped it in and it works fine so I think the issue had something to do with the reliance on the external apps. What is interesting is that now the old version shows all the new providers.

I haven't put it back to see if it is working again (I'm a if it ain't broke don't fix it type).

To be clear I am running the previous version I had before eetjtl posted his fixed version with the 'goto/gohere' edits. It is working fine with many providers as of today.

@Zablon said:

I haven't put it back to see if it is working again (I'm a if it ain't broke don't fix it type).

To be clear I am running the previous version I had before eetjtl posted his fixed version with the 'goto/gohere' edits. It is working fine with many providers as of today.

I'm all about if it ain't broke don't fix it..... but curious as to how your getting a source list with goto.php

@eetjtl said:

@Zablon said:

I'm all about if it ain't broke don't fix it..... but curious as to how your getting a source list with goto.php

I changed it to gohere.php, just using the other version.

• Gonzo0324Gonzo0324 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the update guys! It works great. This is still my fav channel on plex and happy to see it got revived from the dead. Thanks for the work you put into it!

• losergeeklosergeek Posts: 2Members

Is anyone else having issues? Everything was fine until two days ago and now I'm getting the message "www.primewire.ag is not a valid site URL for this channel" (happens when accessing via the web portal and on Roku). Same error for .org .ch .io and .is. Oddly enough www.mprimewire.com doesn't give this error but says all sources have expired.

Are you in Austrailia? Courts ruled ISP's have to block primewire and other sites a few days ago.

I'm still using the old version and it is working fine.

• TheKozaks31TheKozaks31 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hey guys, newbie here to manipulating systems. I installed primewire last year. Now having the same issue as the thread but I can't locate the primewire files in my plugins under plex server. Its just not there. Am I missing what its labeled? Anyways, don't know how to replace the old with the new when I don't even know what I'm replacing. I added the new bundle Twoure provided to my plugin folder hoping that would trigger something but I'm definitely overlooking something big. Let me know what moron steps I'm missing.

Thanks.

edited August 23

Did you unzip the file before adding to your plugins folder ? Also is the file name only lmwt-kiss.bundle ? It will show up as primewire in your channels.

Hey eetjtl, appreciate you getting back to me. I shouldn't have come across as that big of a bonehead. I know how to maneuver around a computer fairly well. I'm a little surprised by there not being an executable file in the pack and there appears nothing to unzip. Its just files that you can transfer over. The folder pathway I'm in right now is Program Files (x86) / plex / plex media server / resources / pluginsb38628e. There are no primewire files in that folder (or elsewhere). In fact, all my folders in my plugin file are a bunch of bundles and many of them work. Just to clarify because it seems odd to me, I do currently have primewire on my plex and I'm getting the "no sources found" problem plus it used to work. All I get when I open the bundle in question is Contents folder, change log, license and a readme file.

FYI.... just to test it I downloaded winzip again to try to "unzip" the lms bundle and the same thing happened - same files sitting in a folder. All I can think of is my download manager must break apart the files on its own (this is the unknowledgeable part of me talking).

Do you know of a simple step by step I can follow? It doesnt have to be made for dummies, plenty of my friends are IT guys so I know the lingo. Apologies for the hassle....

And by the way, even the lmwt-kiss bundle folder did not exist before I attempted to add it. Nothing remotely resembling Primewire. All I have is Plex-Movies but I believe that is part of plextools.

edited August 24

@TheKozaks31 The channel is named primewire. The bundle name is lmwt-kiss bundle

Sorry you would be surprised the number of people who don't know how to unzip. and. People who don't understand plex channel bundle.
    That being said https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-

And your putting in wrong folder
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098-How-do-I-find-the-Plug-Ins-folder-

But it sounds like you have the old version iinstalled in the proper folder.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\
    So either replace with new version that requires Uss.bundle or try making simple change to version that was working fine before https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1491434/#Comment_1491434

• losergeeklosergeek Posts: 2Members

@Zablon said:
    Are you in Austrailia? Courts ruled ISP's have to block primewire and other sites a few days ago.

I'm still using the old version and it is working fine.

I'm in Canada....I managed to find this site with a bunch of mirrors which helped fix my issue. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-setup-primewire-1channel-url-fix/amp/

OK - and the saga continues. So I followed the manually install article to a T. The response I got when I loaded media was new - Unsupportedservices.bundle required. This is after I added that bundle to the plugins folder. I'd still like to know how I had a working primewire without a lmwt-kiss bundle in the plugins folder. Plus, I don't have that pathway you referenced. Mine is the same but the end - resources / pluginsb38628e is different. The only spot I have any kind of plugins folder is inside the Resources folder. Am I running an out of date Plex? Is there a new webtools version that I don't know about? Frustration is definitely setting in. Seems like an easy fix but keep finding nothing.

Thank you for your continued help. Dealing with me like a pro!