If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Primewire channels

Answers

• eetjtleetjtl Posts: 629Members ✭✭✭
    edited August 25

What version of plex are you running on windows?
    Also I think you are still looking at the wrong folder.

The programdata folder is probably hidden. That is why I posted
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\
    browse to a folder and then up on the address bar copy that and paste it over the current text the hit enter.

If you used webtools to install it then the old version was overwritten in the proper folder . If you want the old version back browse to the proper folder and highlight the bundle then right click and select properties and choose previous version you should see an older version available to restore. And then get one of your IT buddies to follow the simple step to change the line in the file detailed here https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1491434/#Comment_1491434
    It's not computer science but does require some computer knowledge beyond windows 101.

And did you follow the steps detailed by twoure to install Uss.bundle?
    After installing. Restart

Manual
    Download the channel and install it by following the Plex instructions or the instructions below.
    Unzip and rename the folder to UnSupportedServices.bundle
    Copy UnSupportedServices.bundle into the PMS Plug-ins directory
    Unix based platforms need to chown plex:plex -R UnSupportedServices.bundle after moving it into the Plug-ins directory (user:group may differ by platform)
    Restart PMS

• marogersmarogers Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The quickest/easiest way to the Plug-ins folder in Windows is through the Plex Icon on the Task Bar (may be under 'Show Hidden Icons'). Right click it and select 'Open Plug-ins Folder' option.

@marogers said:

The quickest/easiest way to the Plug-ins folder in Windows is through the Plex Icon on the Task Bar (may be under 'Show Hidden Icons'). Right click it and select 'Open Plug-ins Folder' option.

Thanks @maroge

And all I'm sorry if I come off a little terse at times being in the computer field so long I tend to be too detailed or not detailed enough. It is all common sense to me
    Sorry

• pepintroutpepintrout Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi all,
    I apprecaite the efforts many of you have made to keep Kiss viable.
    As near as I can tell I’ve followed the install instructions to the letter (I tried all 3 iterations posted here), currently Twoure’s version 1.1.1 is installed. As well as Twoure’s USST.
    Both are in the plugins folder with my other bundles. They both show up on Roku and in the Plex media player.

Kiss is functioning as I remember, but when I try to play an episode I get “Unsupportedservices.bundle required” error.

I've been using Mint for about a year but I'm a novice at the command line.
    I tried:
    and
    and got "no such file or directory".

Any thoughts?

I’m running the current version of Plex server on the first intel Mac Mini 1.1, running 32 bit linux Mint 18.2, and viewing with Roku and Mac home theatre.

Thanks

Sorry,

I've been using Mint for about a year but I'm a novice at the command line.

I tried: chown plex:plex -R UnSupportedServices.bundle and got "no such file or directory".

I noticed you mentioned usst Did you install UnSupportedServices.bundle from usst. Might want to just install. Uss directly.

I noticed you mentioned usst Did you install UnSupportedServices.bundle from usst. Might want to just install. Uss directly.

Thanks for the nudge eetjtl, I'd been stuck for a while.
    Yep, that was it. Its working now!
    I've really missed Primewire. I didn't understand I needed to install the UnSupportedServices.bundle as well as USST. Maybe this will help someone else thats equally as clueless.

• drag0nb0xdrag0nb0x Posts: 42Members ✭✭

Got a question for anyone else running plex server on windows and watching it on a roku. What are you using for your video setting for best primewire watching? Im having some buffer issue so thought i would see what others are have as there setting. My setting are as follows:

Local/remote/online quality all set to 4mb 720p
    Direct Play: Force
    Allow Direct Stream: checked
    H.264 Level: 4.1
    Trascode Format: MKV

• voloriousvolorious Posts: 5Members ✭✭

so yesterday i started getting a "no media" message for everything in primewire. i searched for an update to USS and USST and didn't find one. is there something else that needs updating, or something i'm missing? tried restarting cpu/roku as well, still same message.
    info: windows 10 and roku 3. working fine 10/22/17. USA-West coast

@volorious said:
    so yesterday i started getting a "no media" message for everything in primewire. i searched for an update to USS and USST and didn't find one. is there something else that needs updating, or something i'm missing? tried restarting cpu/roku as well, still same message.
    info: windows 10 and roku 3. working fine 10/22/17. USA-West coast

Let me look at it. And see if I can find the issue.

edited October 25

well the default url the code is currently using has been shutdown

" This domain name has been suspended
    www.primewire.org"

it needs changed.to a working url

go into the primewire setting gear via the web client and change to something other than the .org

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201053758-Adding-Removing-and-Updating-a-Channel
    scroll down to Individual Channel Preferences to find out how to get there

• voloriousvolorious Posts: 5Members ✭✭

@eetjtl said:
    well the default url the code is currently using has been shutdown

" This domain name has been suspended
    www.primewire.org"

go into the primewire setting gear via the web client and change to something other than the .org

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201053758-Adding-Removing-and-Updating-a-Channel
    scroll down to Individual Channel Preferences to find out how to get there

that worked, thank you very much!

• MeriPlexMeriPlex Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@eetjtl said:

Funny, tried to change the url and it was a fail until I read your post and tried again. Worked like a charm and my beloved channel is working. I have to wonder about the URL tester channel. That indicated the url was working? Obviously not. Thanks so much for your work, you and others make my life better and I thank you for it.

@MeriPlex said:

I have to wonder about the URL tester channel. That indicated the url was working? Obviously not. .

Well a URL checker only checks if the url resolves not if the content is what the code is looking for. The site resolves but it's just a html page saying "This domain name is pending ICANN verification and has been suspended. If you are the owner of this domain you can reactivate this domain by logging into your EuroDNS account.. "

Glad to put in my two cents of help when I can.

• josealvesjrjosealvesjr Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Anyone else having problems with Primewire?

@josealvesjr said:
    Anyone else having problems with Primewire?

What kind of problem?
    Need more details to help.

• josealvesjrjosealvesjr Posts: 13Members ✭✭

Hi eetjtl, since last week sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t, it shows that nothing was found or the channel is broken, ss-plex, g2g, fmovies work but primewire does not. Sometimes i try later and it´s working again. I only happens with primewire. It´s been happening for a week now.

Next time that happens can you grab a copy of the lmwt.kiss.log?
    This might tell us what's happening at the time.

• marogersmarogers Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 3

Earlier this week I had similar problems with sources not responding and tv shows with empty lists. So yesterday I switched URL source and it's been fully functional and stable since. Maybe worth a try?

Switched from .ag to .is