If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexKodiConnect Movie Sets

SkyHead22SkyHead22 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, how do I group my movies into sets with PKC in Kodi?

(If I don't use PKC and have "Show Movie sets" box checked and scan the library, it groups the different movies into sets(in kodi))

I have googled some, and I can create "Collections" in Plex, Like in the link below.
This will make movie sets\collections in the PKC movie library.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201273953-Collections

Doing it that way seems time consuming if you had a large library,
and you would have to add each new movie into that collection.

Surely there must be an easier way?

I use kodi v17

Answers

• cronetercroneter Posts: 1,035Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 30

@SkyHead22 said:
    Hi, how do I group my movies into sets with PKC in Kodi?

(If I don't use PKC and have "Show Movie sets" box checked and scan the library, it groups the different movies into sets(in kodi))

I have googled some, and I can create "Collections" in Plex, Like in the link below.
    This will make movie sets\collections in the PKC movie library.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201273953-Collections

Doing it that way seems time consuming if you had a large library,
    and you would have to add each new movie into that collection.

Surely there must be an easier way?

I use kodi v17

I haven't touched these "Collection" tags as you described, but let Plex itself do everything. It works 100% automatically :smiley: . This using the "Plex standard settings".

On your PMS server, go to Settings, then Agents. Check your agents under Movie. E.g. there is a setting Use collection info from The Movie Database.

Re-scan your Plex library and make sure that your movies are indeed grouped into collections.

Don't forget to force-sync PKC then. In the PKC settings under Advanced, choose Repair local database (force update all content) and let it run.

Last but not least, as you described, make sure Show Movie sets in the Kodi settings is enabled

• cyriltracyriltra Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

I have set the collections tag in PMS, refresh the library and did a full sync of PKC and the movie set are now all working in Kodi.
    However, there is no Poster for the movie sets in kodi (it's just blank), any idea how I can set the poster (not manually if possible) ?

Thank you

• Never manually set anything in the Kodi library - manual changes will be lost if PKC updates the library
    • Make sure that Download additional artwork is enabled in the PKC Settings under Artwork
    • Also in the PKC Settings under Artwork, hit the yellow Download additional artwork now (or something like that). This will happen in the background - be sure to let PKC do its job for at least 60min
    • Remember that there are sets without artwork (the not so popular ones)

it works, thanks !

Hello,

so it works, I can now see the posters for the movie sets. However I now have a drawback: when I browse thru my library with Kodi, the posters do not appear instantly like it was before. It now took them half of sec to appear, which is pretty annoying to me. I already set the option to cache the images into the skin textures but no effect apparently.

I will try to do further tests, but if I cannot fix this issue I will reset the changes and won't use the movie set feature.

I'm using libreelec on an Odroid C2 (eMMC card) and my PMS is on an intel NUC

@cyriltra said:
    Hello,

so it works, I can now see the posters for the movie sets. However I now have a drawback: when I browse thru my library with Kodi, the posters do not appear instantly like it was before. It now took them half of sec to appear, which is pretty annoying to me. I already set the option to cache the images into the skin textures but no effect apparently.

I will try to do further tests, but if I cannot fix this issue I will reset the changes and won't use the movie set feature.

I'm using libreelec on an Odroid C2 (eMMC card) and my PMS is on an intel NUC

Seems like your artwork is not yet cached. Try to go to the PKC Settings, artwork, Cache all images to Kodi texture cache now.

Well, I tried already (several times) but seems no impact.
    I checked the logs at the time of the cache update request and just got:
    08:40:58.359 T:545586692320 NOTICE: PLEX.artwork: Doing Image Cache Sync 08:41:02.321 T:545586692320 NOTICE: PLEX.artwork: Image cache sync about to process 8908 video images 08:41:03.919 T:545586692320 NOTICE: PLEX.artwork: Image cache sync about to process 1303 music images

I waited around 2hrs but no other message from PLEX.artwork

You need to start the caching as described above. Then let Kodi sit for at least 60 minutes. Takes forever to download the artwork. Report back if that does not help

Just saw your message :wink:
    PKC only triggers the Kodi caching mechanism, that's it. Try another skin, see e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/5xk41z/library_artwork_loads_to_slow_first_time_using/

Also try scrolling through your entire library once. Let Kodi thus display all artwork. Reboot Kodi.