Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex DVR not recording

asilentnoizeasilentnoize Posts: 4 Plex Pass

I am running a plex server on freeNAS 9.10. After setting up my hdhomerun prime I choose a program to record. It shows in the recording schedule but will not start recording. There are no error messages. I decided to setup a plex server on my windows machine. Everything works fine on it... any clue what could be going on?

Tagged:

Answers

• Resist2020Resist2020 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue.
    The only thing I haven't tried yet is to update. Will see if that works.

• swoop124swoop124 Posts: 17 Plex Pass

Hi guys,

my plex server is running on a Windows 2012 Server, until now everithing was good. Today i've added a HDHomeRun Expand with 4 DVB-C tuners. I can watch TV with the HDHomeRun-App. But when i add a recording to my list, it looks like if the server recordes but there is no file.
    One spetiality, i have my HDHomeRun on an other subnet then the server.
    Could that be the problem?
    There is no write issue, because the user, plex runs with, could write to the location of the recordings.
    sorry for me bad english :smile:

hope you could help me.

• DaddyGoofballDaddyGoofball Posts: 15 Plex Pass

@swoop124 said:
    Hi guys,

my plex server is running on a Windows 2012 Server, until now everithing was good. Today i've added a HDHomeRun Expand with 4 DVB-C tuners. I can watch TV with the HDHomeRun-App. But when i add a recording to my list, it looks like if the server recordes but there is no file.
    One spetiality, i have my HDHomeRun on an other subnet then the server.
    Could that be the problem?
    There is no write issue, because the user, plex runs with, could write to the location of the recordings.
    sorry for me bad english :smile:

hope you could help me.

This should be a separate thread.
    HDHomerun devices need to be on the same subnet to be discovered. When using the HDHR utility to watch live TV from my laptop I have trouble watching the devices when on different subnets

If you are running out of IP space expand your network. Refer to your network equipment manufacturer for information on how to expand your network.