If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[PlexPy] Occasionally Unable to Upload Images to Imgur for Notifications

Nick765Nick765 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex Server Version: 1.5.1.3520
PlexPy Version: 1.4.17
OS: Windows 10 (both running on same machine, neither in a VM)

Description of Issue
PlexPy occasionally fails to include the poster in email notifications. The following error message can be found in the logs:
PlexPy Helpers :: Unable to upload image to Imgur: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

The email still sends, just without the poster. It happens randomly. Today, I added 3 movies within a few minutes - it failed to upload the poster for one of them.

Questions
Is there a local server cache for PlexPy that could help if I cleared it? Otherwise, should I just assume it's an issue with the server? It has a wired connection to the router > modem > Internet.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you,
Nick

Please check the Plex Support Articles - they contain a lot of useful information!

Answers

• markusvitzmarkusvitz Posts: 166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, I have the same issue since a few days

• keksznetkeksznet Posts: 23Members ✭✭

it's uploading for me

PlexPy Helpers :: Image 'The Leftovers' uploaded to Imgur.

but it doesn't show up in my Facebook group:

any suggestion?

• revvin76revvin76 Posts: 1Members

I have the exact same problem.
    My App ID is correct in PlexPy.
    Log says it successfully uploaded to Imgur, but when I check my Imgur account - there are not uploaded images.
    The FB post looks the same as above - no poster. :(

• zeiroezeiroe Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also have the exact same problem as keksznet and revvin76. This is the first time I'm setting this up so I am expecting to have the newbie blues but nothing that I've been able to find is able to help this along. And yes, I've read the FAQ's linked in many of the related google searches that came up. I'm wondering if this is an Imgur problem. I did notice a strange CAPTCHA error at the top of https://api.imgur.com/oauth2/addclient. I've tried multiple browsers on different machines. I even used my phone and that "ERROR: Invalid Captcha" is always at the top of the page right when you open it.