If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Kodi not listed as Streamingtarget

faithlessfaithless Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey Guys,

i just set up my Plex for Kodi installations. So far it is working fine. I am able to connect to my Plex-Server and it is playing Media. (Kodi on XBian on a RaspberryPi 3). The Pi is connected to my living room TV, so i would like to be able to select the LivingRoom TV as a Streamingtarget. But no Plex-App (not iOS, not Android, not Windows) lists the Kodi-Device as a Streamingtarget...

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your replays

Regards
Thorsten

Best Answer

Answers

• faithlessfaithless Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is it planned to be implemented?

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2017

From the 'Planned Features and Known issues' sticky...

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/246916/planned-features-and-known-issues#latest

Planned Features

• Finish Sorting / by Episode / Season for TV shows, List / Album / Folder for Music, Folder for Home Video & Photos
    • TV Theme Music
    • Plex Companion (No Alexa support currently!)
    • More Keyboard Controls
    • Need to add ability to select different version of movie when multiple are present
  • crono141crono141 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex companion is 100% the most important upcoming feature for me. We have chromecasts on every TV in the house, except one (which doesn't have hdmi). I'm using a Pi3 with kodi for that TV, and we have to use the Kodi remote control app to control plex on that TV only. Does anyone know if this feature is a priority or how far along development for this feature is?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,328Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Nope, nobody knows.

• asen.mitovasen.mitov Posts: 15Members ✭✭

Any news around this topic? It has been a while since April TY.

• audiomixeraudiomixer Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too would like to see plex companion implemented.

• RyanPTRyanPT Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I need this feature too pls:)