We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Thursday, June 22 (05:00 GMT, June 23). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/w98nwqyk43pv
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPHT Embedded on Odroid C2 - SD Card type and capacity

kokosbanankokosbanan Members Posts: 1

I am about to collect my Odroid C2 tomorrow, and set it up with OpenPHT Embedded.
However I don't know what SD Card to get for it.
Capacity - the image itself is 125MB, is anything else stored or cached on the SD Card? Does the required space corelates with library size on server?
Speed - what is recommended here? Class 10, UHS-I, UHS-II, UHS 3 ?
Brand will be most likely SanDisk as I have good experience with those.

Answers

• ahughes03ahughes03 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 140 Plex Pass

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W77C2FA

Using that one in my Odroid C2 now and it works great. Class 10 UHS-I, UI

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 977 Plex Pass

I use the Sandisk Extreme, Sandisk Extreme Pro, Samsung EVO, and Samsung PRO, all with good results.

@ahughes03 looks like a good choice as well. ^_^

• katohideaki01katohideaki01 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited April 1

I just got my Odroid C2 and am running it with a Samsung Evo Plus. Speed is nearly indistinguishable from the eMMC card that I got to experiment with (good thing) :). Much easier to swap out too.

Curious - will you be running wired or wifi with the Odroid?

I run all of my client players (two Odroids and a Pi3) wired. I spent the better part of a weekend in my attic running my own ethernet lines and speaker wires throughout the house a few years back. Smartest thing I did to this house!

• katohideaki01katohideaki01 Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

@ahughes03 said:
    I run all of my client players (two Odroids and a Pi3) wired. I spent the better part of a weekend in my attic running my own ethernet lines and speaker wires throughout the house a few years back. Smartest thing I did to this house!

Good call. I'm having a VERY hard time finding a compact wifi USB NUC that can keep up with direct stream 1080p for the odroid. You're lucky!

Yeah, I can understand your frustration! Assuming an average bitrate for a 1080p stream is between 10-15mbps, an Odroid WiFi Module 4 should be capable of keeping up, provided your network is robust enough, etc (tested between 90-105 Mbps at 1.5m from router, which of course will drop off as you gain distance).

Odroid Wifi Module 4 Test Results: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141630348024

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 977 Plex Pass

I just want to pop in and say that there is an issue with large libraries where thumbnails are not being deleted periodically. This functionality is upstream and can cause SD cards to fill to capacity when deleting/moving/renewing large amounts of artwork. I recommend a 16GB card now instead of the 8GB.

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

Want to add, I have tried several SD cards, and this one by far makes the Wetek Hub/OpenPHT very responsive;

SANDISK 32GB MICRO SD EXTREME 90MB/S UHS-I U3

This is a 90MB/s read and 60MB/s write speed.

Costs around 20eur.