"Unable to contact Plex Media Server. Please check your server settings..."
I'm writing with a relatively new problem that no one at Sonos support could figure out. Recently, I rebuilt my Plex library from scratch. Prior to doing so, I had absolutely no problem setting up Plex+Sonos integration. I was able to access all of my Plex media via Sonos with absolutely no problem. I'm using a QNAP TS251+ running QTS 4.2.4, and I updated to the newest Plex server release today.
Since I rebuilt my library and re-added the Plex beta integration to Sonos, I get the same message every time I attempt to connect: "Unable to contact Plex Media Server. Please check your server settings at https://plex.tv and make sure that Remote Access is enabled."
- Plex is remotely available to me via every other service, and I listen to music via Plex on the road, at work, etc. There are zero issues with Plex itself either locally or remotely, at least as far as I can tell;
- Sonos has no problem accessing my music via the NAS, provided I use the Music Library option rather than Plex;
- I can ping all Sonos speakers in the house with 0% packet loss and round trips under 4ms;
- I have six Sonos speakers (Den = Playbar+Sub+Play:1+Play:1, Office = Play:1, Kitchen = Play:1). The two that are connected via Ethernet show as inactive in my router's interface, but this is likely because they are connected to my bridge router in the office;
- I'm using the stock Verizon FIOS router, which hasn't been an issue in the past.
Here's what I've tried:
- Restarting all Sonos devices in the house one by one (recommended by Sonos);
- Deleting and re-adding Plex in Sonos (recommended by Sonos);
- Toggling uPNP on and off;
- Checking all port forwards to make sure they are correct (though it seems clear that they are, as I can access my Plex server via 32400);
- Clearing all port forwards and re-adding.
User haywoodma had this same issue and no one was able to assist. I'm hoping that by providing more detail, we might be able to get this solved. Thanks!