If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox 360 does not load

aladinzaladinz Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

I cannot get my Xbox 360 to load PLEX APP!! Every time I start PLEX on Xbox 360 I have an hour glass and never connect to my cloud media. My iPhone is working fine and connecting. Of course I linked my Xbox to my account. Am I missing something?

Tagged:

Answers

• TechD87TechD87 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been experiencing this problem for the past few weeks. I've already deleted the app, cleared the cache, re-downloaded, re-signed in with another PIN, and it just keeps searching. Is there something going on right now?

Thanks!

• RobinmichaelsRobinmichaels Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am running into the same issue. I have the spinning wheel trying to log into Plex. I have removed my xbox from the list of devices on my Media server, uninstalled and reinstalled Plex twice on my Xbox and still unable to get it to connect. It worked before the Cloud upgrade fine. Since the upgrade, I cannot get it to connect to the server. Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

• jwilkinson84jwilkinson84 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I've also tried to move it to a different HD and format the drive that the application is installed to and it still sits @ the splash screen. I have one of the older Xbox 360's (White with 20 GB HD on top)

• jalbr74@gmail.comjalbr74@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have two Xbox 360 slims, and I see the same problem on both of them. I see the hour glass forever, and it never gets any further.

• natecahoonnatecahoon Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been having issues with the Xbox 360 version of the Plex app for a while now. Lots of buffering types of issues or it just doesn't work at all. Xbox One, Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Apple TV, Chrome all seem to be fine.

• NateDawgK2NateDawgK2 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Make sure on your XBox 360 that you check your settings...go to System / Console Settings / Connected Devices / Play To ... ON

• BOSCO03BOSCO03 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So has the app for the 360 officially been abandoned or what? I haven't been able to use plex on my 360 for at least 3 months now. I thought it was my network but it works on my XOne, PS4, and most other devices.

• SerenabeanaSerenabeana Posts: 1Members

I keep trying to get Plex on my xbox360, I hit "sign in" & it takes me to a black screen that only says: "PLEX No Account? Sign Up"... I, like you all, can sign in just fine on my phone, but can not get beyond this screen. I've even tried to sign up with my existing information, but it tells me tbat I entered an invalid email address