Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Have anyone else's Watch Later videos stopped working?

I don't use or need the Plex Media Server. I simply use the Roku channel, and email Youtube or Dailymotion links to my queue to watch later. Ever since Monday, none of the videos we have 'plexed' to watch later are working, just getting the message 'Plex Media Server is not Responding' or 'Sorry but we can't play this video'. The problem isn't the Media Server. I don't even have that. Once again, this is only the 'watch later' bookmark queue,(http://app.plex.tv/web/app#!/playlist/queue) it's not even working from the page online, nor from the Roku. Not videos from Youtube, Dailymotion or anything. Something must be down on Plex's end, everything was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any changes. Is this problem being fixed by Plex? We use our plex on Roku daily! Please help! Thanks. (I have attached the screenshot of the online page. Neither the thumbnails that have pictures or blank ones work. )

Answers

• cgfaulknercgfaulkner Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I don't use or need the Plex Media Server. I simply use the Roku channel, and email Youtube or Dailymotion links to my queue to watch later. Ever since Monday, none of the videos we have 'plexed' to watch later are working, just getting the message 'Plex Media Server is not Responding' or 'Sorry but we can't play this video'. The problem isn't the Media Server. I don't even have that. Once again, this is only the 'watch later' bookmark queue,(http://app.plex.tv/web/app#!/playlist/queue) it's not even working from the page online, nor from the Roku. Not videos from Youtube, Dailymotion or anything. Something must be down on Plex's end, everything was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any changes. Is this problem being fixed by Plex? We use our plex on Roku daily! Please help! Thanks. (I have attached the screenshot of the online page. Neither the thumbnails that have pictures or blank ones work. )

• dough321dough321 Posts: 22Members ✭✭

I have the same problem. May be the recent update broke it.

I think you are right, dough321, I hope someone that works for plex sees these posts and fixes it. Whoever runs their facebook page is no help. They just refer you to go here.

• JudyeskaJudyeska Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem... It's my main use of Plex and the reason I searched this forum today..idk what to do or any other similar program to use

We're all still waiting, plex. Please fix the issue on your end! Thanks.

I take back my last comment. They seemed to have fixed the issue, at least online. I'll have to check my Roku when I get home. Thanks...

• dough321dough321 Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Its working now. Can any one from PLEX provide some info what caused this issue and what was the fix :smile: . So next time we can point towards the resolution faster.
    Thanks

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,540Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@dough321 said:
    Its working now. Can any one from PLEX provide some info what caused this issue and what was the fix :smile: . So next time we can point towards the resolution faster.

I don't know what caused this issue, but the next time it's probably something else. We're not working with official/documented APIs, so this will break once in a while.

• donyzzdonyzz Posts: 133Members ✭✭

Youtube is not working. Dailymotion and liveleak work fine, but not youtube. Its been this way for days.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,540Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@donyzz said:
    Youtube is not working.

Can you please list the Plex client(s) that you use and where this is not working? Thanks!

• donyzzdonyzz Posts: 133Members ✭✭
    edited April 11

I'm using Plexweb and two nexus players. The nexus players play youtube videos fine, but plexweb just has a loading animation and stays that way. So there's an issue with plexweb.

• rckmnrrckmnr Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I'm using Plexit to load YouTube videos. Today, none of them are working on either of my Rokus. They will play on my server. Help!

• moxfpxmoxfpx Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm using plex on a QNAP NAS. None of my devices, android phone, tablet, rasplex, etc. machines are able to play "watch later" youtube videos still. Been waiting and hoping for a fix on this.