If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Which android remote control for OpenPHT?

tomb18tomb18 Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone suggest what to use as an android remote for OpenPHT?
I have one using an IR control but need one for another install that would use a non-ir based remote.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Answers

• EvanBlack72EvanBlack72 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 19

Yeah I don't think anyone gives a crap. I've been searching for months for someway to connect to OpenPHT from android. Plex app and no other "remotes" meant for plex don't even recognize OpenPHT (linux) as a valid player..
    Since OpenPHT is my only option (Linux user) I'm hosed...
    I wouldn't be surprise if alexa didn't even work with linux version....

However the android plex app works perfectly fine with the windows version... of course.
    It even comes with a widget you can place on a screen.
    Likely any remote app that functions with plex will work in the windows version.

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 197Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What about a Harmony Hub system and just using the Harmony app on the phone? I do that and it works pretty well at controlling my entire stack, included my embedded OpenPHT box.

• fourtwentybuddyfourtwentybuddy Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

the plex app works for me....

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 608Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 24

@fourtwentybuddy said:
    the plex app works for me....

Exactly, works flawlessly. Gotta say that I use OpenPHT embedded on a Chromebox, dunno if this is important.