Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trailers for Upcoming BLU-RAY releases section showing up

ecd1973ecd1973 Posts: 124 Plex Pass

I went into one of my movie libraries in the Roku client and now I have a section titled "Trailers for upcoming blu-ray releases". The problem is my kids also see that section when they are connected as themselves (one of my home users). The trailers showing up in this section are definitely not kid appropriate. Is there a way to not include this section?

Answers

• leelyndsleelynds Posts: 910 Plex Pass
    edited April 4

We also get "Trailers for Upcoming Theatrical Releases" when you back out of the "Blu-Ray" trailers, and they alternate back and forth between the two each time you reload the discovery page.

I'm not opposed to having the trailer section, but let;s make it work something similar to the trailer options we have if we choose to play trailers before a movie. That is, Plex chooses trailers more or less on the content ratings of the library. In my case, I have a kids library and an adult library. Even if it's a setting that follows the content ratings - G, PG, etc.

EDIT: It should probably be noted that I specifically have the option to download Upcoming Bluray and Theater trailers disabled for all of my libraries, so I'm curious as to why that option is not being respected in the first place.

EDIT #2: it's also annoying that if I play one of the trailers, it stays in the "Now Playing" section of the web interface until I start another video.

• ecd1973ecd1973 Posts: 124 Plex Pass

Until the section can somehow be filtered I would like the option of turning it off.

So I had to take plex off the roku for my kids because they are watching trailers they have no business seeing. Is there really no option to turn this off?

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6

Plex doesn't have children or they don't mind if they watch Goat Pron.

Plex also don't do 'Options'.

• donmuracodonmuraco Posts: 49 Plex Pass

Same issue. Trailers are not kid friendly. Need an option to turn them off.

• eric_graueric_grau Posts: 208 Plex Pass

If I remember correctly, as long as you have Plex Home, you might be able to disable the trailer viewing on a "home" by "home" basis. If not, it's a device by device basis. There is a way to not display them

edited April 6

@eric_grau said:
    If I remember correctly, as long as you have Plex Home, you might be able to disable the trailer viewing on a "home" by "home" basis. If not, it's a device by device basis. There is a way to not display them

If only that was true... I have the trailers for upcoming bluray and theater disabled for every library for the server, but they still show up on the movie discovery pages, completely ignoring that setting. I only want trailers for items in my library so they will be available to preview that particular item.

I also have the app set to "No trailers" before playing a movie, but they still show up on the discovery page. Not sure where else I could look for a setting to change it.

My guess is that it won't be fixed until the Upcoming Trailers makes its way into the Web interface, and it becomes more obvious to more people. To be honest, I hardly ever navigate to the discovery page for a specific library, and may not have ever noticed if it had not been mentioned here.

@eric_grau said:

The only option I'm aware of is turning off trailers that play before movies. This new section in the Roku client is there for all libraries and users and has trailers for movies of any rating.

• adamdsprattadamdspratt Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue as you. Any update on a fix to this or an update from Plex?

@ecd1973 said:

@eric_grau said:

The only option I'm aware of is turning off trailers that play before movies. This new section in the Roku client is there for all libraries and users and has trailers for movies of any rating.

That was what I was referring to. Ill see about the other part though.

@leelynds said:

@eric_grau said:

If only that was true... I have the trailers for upcoming bluray and theater disabled for every library for the server, but they still show up on the movie discovery pages, completely ignoring that setting. I only want trailers for items in my library so they will be available to preview that particular item.

I also have the app set to "No trailers" before playing a movie, but they still show up on the discovery page. Not sure where else I could look for a setting to change it.

My guess is that it won't be fixed until the Upcoming Trailers makes its way into the Web interface, and it becomes more obvious to more people. To be honest, I hardly ever navigate to the discovery page for a specific library, and may not have ever noticed if it had not been mentioned here.

I Just checked and it looks like there is no way to turn that off... Maybe that's a feature to come later?! But I just noticed it and it looks like a very cool feature!

• k951k951 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Don't have kids, but I do want the option to disable this. Features should be picked because they are desired, not shoved.
    C'mon Plex, listen to the people that take the time to post!
    t.

• rlobbinsrlobbins Posts: 163 Plex Pass

There have been 3 or 4 threads about this "feature" with people asking a way to toggle. There is even a feature request topic in the Plex Pass forums asking for it to be disabled. Instead Plex just keeps rolling out the row to more and more apps, not seeming to care about our feedback. It originally popped up on the iOS client a month or so ago.

• Dion250Dion250 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Yes.. Please let us disable this option on the server somehow.

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 13,201 Plex Team Member

Can I ask the really dumb question here?

Has anyone ever paid attention to this?

Doesn't this provide the ability to turn it off ?

If it's broken, then let's get it fixed.

@ChuckPA said:
    Can I ask the really dumb question here?

Has anyone ever paid attention to this?
    Doesn't this provide the ability to turn it off ?
    If it's broken, then let's get it fixed.

As I mentioned a couple of posts up, it does not turn it off. You get the upcoming bluray and theatrical trailers in the discovery hub for movies no matter what. It's probably a server problem, because it appears in a couple of other apps as well as the Roku.

• rlobbinsrlobbins Posts: 163 Plex Pass

That option does not apply to the section we are talking about. Plex added an extra in line row that advertises trailers you can't disable.

ok.. Thanks for clarifying. I've been so busy working on user issues that i've not had time to use it myself.

With me now in sync with you as to what's not wanted, What happens when you turn those extras on? Do you get even more?

If so, would you mind showing me the 'before vs after'?

If I'm understanding correctly, the desire / ask here is to 'all or nothing'.. as it comes from the server, based the settings in the page I showed.

Correct?

Follow up question:

When did "goat pron' start showing up? Any idea as to version / approximate date?

• Dion250Dion250 Posts: 85 ✭✭